Sign in with
Your question

Amd fx-8350 and gigabyte GA-990fxa-ud5 mobo

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 23, 2013 2:28:29 AM

I have to replace my mobo because geek squad crashed my bios on a new hp- 1214 running a FX 6100 processor and I am trying to keep the upgrade under 650.00 dollars does anybody know if this is a good fix and what ddr3 would you recommend. I do a little gaming but mostly video editing formatting and blue ray and 3-D The geek squaid have had my computer for over a month and they said their trying to fix it. But I am getting tired of waiting but I don't know who to set my new mobo and CPU. I am not qualified too. I am going with the gigabyte GA-990fxa-ud5. And AMD FX-8350 FX Series black. AM3 FD-8350FRHKBOX. But I can not make up my mind about ddr3 ram because I don't know that much about performance and I am worried about clearance for my liquid cooler. If anyone needs the rest of my specs. On devices let me know. Thanks
February 23, 2013 3:10:45 AM

Give the specs
Clearance with a liquid cooler should not be a problem , whats yours custom or AIO ?
You will have to go with ddr3 ram.
how much do you need 8 gb or 16gb ?
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 23, 2013 3:11:59 AM

Changing your motherboard could negate your OEM Windows license as it may be tied to your existing motherboard. It might be worth it to wait for geek sqaud to fix or take it to another place.
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2013 3:14:16 AM

anxiousinfusion said:
Changing your motherboard could negate your OEM Windows license as it may be tied to your existing motherboard. It might be worth it to wait for geek sqaud to fix or take it to another place.

Whats your mobo ? the latest ones have bios flashback.
m
l
February 23, 2013 5:22:18 PM

2778322,2,1474381 said:
Give the specs
Clearance with a liquid cooler should not be a problem , whats yours custom or AIO ?
You will have to go with ddr3 ram.
how much do you needGB gb GB6gb quotesmsg]
Like i sI'md im not tech savvy i geek squadquad do all my upgrades, when i bought the system it came with 10 gb ddr3 ram and i told them to up grade to 16 gb of 1600 mhz ddr3 but hey told me i did not need 1600. now i have a bottelneck on the ram the hard drives seagate barracuda 7200 3 tb hdd at 6/gbs x2. Nivida 560 ti 3-d cuda video card 2 gb ddr5 thermalake 850 w gpu stock dvd- cdr. Plus a lg 3-D blueray burner+player 16 gb corsair vengance 1300 mhz. internal happaugr 1850 tv-tuner card, Happauge pd dvr video capture device. And astek 120 MM liquid cooler. The system is a gigabyte mobo stock from hp pavillion hpe h8 1214 running AMD FX 6100-6 core processor at3.2 ghz. not overclocked
m
l
February 23, 2013 5:36:23 PM

compgenie said:

Well the mobo i have is a gigayte3970am-hp- (angelica). The geek squad said that as long as i did not run the O-System on two board`s that it would not constitute a illegal copy, so im not sure. They have been trying to fix the bios for for weeks now im going up their today. I only took it up their to get the dust blown out and tell me why it was overclocking because i had not done anything to it. Mainly because i am not qualified too. If they cant fix it it`s a 180 miles to Dallas thats the closest place to real tech support.
m
l
February 23, 2013 5:46:09 PM

compgenie said:

My MOBO Gigabyte # M3970AM-HP (ANGELIC). Dont know what happend to my post. The post left out a few thngs hope yo can make out wht i was trying to say. I tried to post and it said site was unavalible so i guess it`s not my fault, I`ll try later
m
l
February 24, 2013 2:19:39 AM

Nope it doesnt have bios flashback. try resetting the cmos.
edit : the hp site says it does not support fx 8350. just get the new mobo.
m
l
March 18, 2013 3:32:54 PM

compgenie said:
Nope it doesnt have bios flashback. try resetting the cmos.
edit : the hp site says it does not support fx 8350. just get the new mobo.

Well I finally got my system back from geek squad but I got fed up with them so I am doing my 1st Build I bought the Corsair carbide 400r case, The Asus sabertooth 990 fx R2.0 3.o- 2 Gen military spec with the Amd Fx 8350 black edition. I am going to pull my up grades out of my old system and put in my new one. But I am going to Up Grade my video card to the Nivida 670. Replace the original H/P parts in the Hpe-H8-1214 and put a for sale sign on it, its only 9 months old. Also I have to be honest about Geek squad my nivida video card went out when they were working on it and they did replace it with a new one, I got a RMA# and nivida already replaced the old card, so I am going to sell the other two and up grade to the Nivida Geforce Gtx-670 Ti
m
l
a c 210 à CPUs
March 18, 2013 5:24:15 PM

That's a nice system there...you should be fine.
m
l
!