Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does dual monitor gaming require SAME SIZE displays?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 18, 2012 4:01:28 AM

I have 1080p FULL HD 24 inch and am thinking of buying a 23.6 inch at same res.
Size difference is small but I do know that even if the resolution is the same the colors can be different, since it's also two different brands.
This is the 23.6 inch i want to buy:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 18, 2012 4:04:04 AM

You do not want to game across 2 screens. You are going to have bezels right down the middle of the action, where you aim or what ever you are looking at. This is not ideal. Add to that, the screen on the left half not lining up to the image on the right half, and this is just a bad setup.
August 18, 2012 4:12:27 AM

Exactly, 2 screens for gaming is a losing scenario. GBOGH
3 screens is where it's at
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2012 1:17:45 PM

bystander said:
You do not want to game across 2 screens. You are going to have bezels right down the middle of the action, where you aim or what ever you are looking at. This is not ideal. Add to that, the screen on the left half not lining up to the image on the right half, and this is just a bad setup.

bystander said:

Man so you really need to be an enthusiast to game with multimonitor. Gotta spend over 500 for gpu alone plus 3 screen for like 250 each. Thats more then a grand. I guess people do it when they already have 2 displays and slowly start frOm ther buying other 2...
So for 1 monitor ill stick with buying the 670.. The new 660 for 300 not worth it, 670 kinda overkill but whatever I guess...
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 18, 2012 1:26:55 PM

2 screens for gaming is great for MMOs, but not FPS games.
m
l
August 18, 2012 1:35:18 PM

for fps get an odd number
m
l
October 17, 2012 4:19:46 AM

Best answer selected by heizenbrg.
m
l
!