Best Micro-atx gaming build?

Nuclear101

Honorable
Hi, so currently I want to build another computer, but I want it to be as portable as possible without making too many compromises to quality, but it has to be under $750. Currently I have this parts list:

AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core
ASRock FM2A75M-DGS Micro ATX FM2
G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB
NZXT Vulcan Black MicroATX Mid Tower
Antec 520W ATX12V / EPS12V
Lite-On IHBS112-04 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
ViewSonic VX2703MH-LED 27.0"
Thermaltake KB-CHL002US
Thermaltake MO-BLK002DT Wired Laser

But I think that the system is too big to be able to bring to something like a LAN party. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

take a look at itx sized mb and cases. most have wifi and one video card and two ram slots. i use a 500g laptop drive as data drive and a 128 ssd as the os boot drive. look into itx case with standard ps and make sure it sized to your video card. the video card you have last years. toss in a 7850 it going to be faster and use less power.

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
WoW! I am impressed. I don't know where you got those prices from.I built you a rig that's about 20% faster than the one you made but it costs 200$ more...
PCPartPicker part list

Anyway switch your CPU to either a Phenom II X4, an FX 4170 or a Core i3.Otherwise you're justgoing to get stuck on the FM2 platform which is limited to APU's.And you're also wasting your IGP.

Blahman11

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
The NZXT Vulcan is tiny. Seriously tiny. It's about the size of a briefcase. It also allows you to fit micro ATX boards which are more flexible. I'd get a board like the gigabyte GA78 LMT USB 3 with a CPU like the FX 4170 or piledriver equivalent (AM3+ piledriver is coming out very soon- its a matter of days now) and overclock. The board is the only AM3+ board I've seen with mosfet heatsinks making overclocking easy com

Blahman11

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
The NZXT Vulcan is tiny. Seriously tiny. It's about the size of a briefcase. It also allows you to fit micro ATX boards which are more flexible. I'd get a board like the gigabyte GA78 LMT USB 3 with a CPU like the FX 4170 or piledriver equivalent (AM3+ piledriver is coming out very soon- its a matter of days now) and overclock. The board is the only AM3+ board I've seen with mosfet heatsinks making overclocking easy com

sorry wrong button anyway the overclocking on that board would be easy compared to other matx boards due to the mosfet heatsinks, especially OCing with a black edition CPU. The NZXT vulcan has darn good cooling for a MATX case, it'll fit a corsair H100. You get better flexibility with an matx board and you still have portability.

Nuclear101

Honorable

Thanks Kamen_BG! Ill try to use your rig as my next computer!

For size and portability, look to a ITX based build.

One great small case is the lian li PC-Q08.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112265
It is aluminum and light @6#, with dimensions of 13.58" x 8.94" x 10.71"
Compare to the vulcan @12.7# and 16.00" x 7.00" x 16.60"

Unfortunately, I can't find a FM2 based ITX motherboard.
But, for a similar budget, you should be able to build a rig based on the i3-3220 which should outperform the A10 when you use a discrete graphics card.