Your question

New computer configuration budget around 600$

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
October 8, 2012 9:30:22 AM

use case
Major need all kind of programming task
minor 3d modeling with blend or 3 studio max
minor modern gaming (not in nescearily in high resolution but at least playable in decent graphics) like cod MW and BF3
bonus: less power consumption
extraCould be upgraded in future if needed

Components
cabinet:NZXT Guardian 921 RB 921RB-001-RD Black SECC steel chassis Computer Case

HDD: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 (CMPSU-430CXV2) 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

MoBo:Intel BOXDH67CLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Proccessor:Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500

monitor: above 20" LED with energy efficiency around $100 (need recommendetion)

Questions
How does the spec sounds to you?

I am not probably use OC. do i rely need OC to play modern games? if not i would choose any non K version
For less power consumption i would choos i5-3570S. would it be good? it is much cheaper than other proccessors.
how about amd fx-8150?
October 8, 2012 10:32:57 AM

If power consumption is a major concern, the FX-8150 is probably not a good choice for you.

You are using an older Sandy Bridge chipset motherboard with an Ivy Bridge CPU, thats not the best pairing. I'd look at H75, or H77 chipsets (these do not support overclocking).

No, there is no game on the market that requires an i5 to be overclocked for decent performance. Although, I would suggest looking at an i5-3450 (non-K) model. If the 3570 costs more where you live, its only clocked just a tad higher.

Back to the gaming thing.. Wheres your video card? This matters more for gaming than the CPU. Pretty much any call of duty game will run okay on the intergrated CPU graphics, but if you're talking BF3 multiplayer at decent resolutions, forget it. BF3 is a system killer.

Also, the CX430 v2 is a decent power supply, but you should bear in mind it only has one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector which unless you want to use molex adapters, may impact your choice in discrete graphics. I would suggest stepping up to the CX500 v2, I believe it has 2 of them, and has enough wattage to properly support a more higher end graphics card... Although.. with only $100 budgeted for a monitor, that may not be an issue.

October 8, 2012 10:39:58 AM

I recommend a HD7770 for your needs.
Related resources
Anonymous
October 8, 2012 12:52:16 PM

nekulturny said:
If power consumption is a major concern, the FX-8150 is probably not a good choice for you.

You are using an older Sandy Bridge chipset motherboard with an Ivy Bridge CPU, thats not the best pairing. I'd look at H75, or H77 chipsets (these do not support overclocking).

No, there is no game on the market that requires an i5 to be overclocked for decent performance. Although, I would suggest looking at an i5-3450 (non-K) model. If the 3570 costs more where you live, its only clocked just a tad higher.

Back to the gaming thing.. Wheres your video card? This matters more for gaming than the CPU. Pretty much any call of duty game will run okay on the intergrated CPU graphics, but if you're talking BF3 multiplayer at decent resolutions, forget it. BF3 is a system killer.

Also, the CX430 v2 is a decent power supply, but you should bear in mind it only has one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector which unless you want to use molex adapters, may impact your choice in discrete graphics. I would suggest stepping up to the CX500 v2, I believe it has 2 of them, and has enough wattage to properly support a more higher end graphics card... Although.. with only $100 budgeted for a monitor, that may not be an issue.

I will buy graphics card later. it wont fit in my budget right now. I am ok with COD for now if bf3 need explicitly a graphics card. what graphics card do you think would be suitable? i have no idea regarding this.

Also, correct me if i am wrong. in built graphics cards belongs in motherboard or processor? AFAIK sandy and ivy bridge proccy has inbuilt graphics card in it. i5 3450 (you were right it will be cheaper) will be ok regarding graphics card. right?

if it needs graphics card in motherboard which one specificaly you recomend?

for future compatibility cx500 will be enough when i will buy graphics card?

October 8, 2012 1:02:13 PM

i would bang the amd fx 8 core in you system
October 8, 2012 1:03:41 PM

3rd in line of top cpus only the 2 i7beats it
October 8, 2012 1:06:10 PM

asus msa 78l-m usb3, 16gb ram, amd 8core bundle for £244
Anonymous
October 9, 2012 5:10:44 PM

darren0000 said:
3rd in line of top cpus only the 2 i7beats it

At first i was leaning toward it. but reading after reviews over it, i was confused and leaned toward intel. i am still not sure AMD fx-8150 would be suitable or not. it is also much cheaper.
October 10, 2012 5:59:59 AM

Quote:
I will buy graphics card later. it wont fit in my budget right now. I am ok with COD for now if bf3 need explicitly a graphics card. what graphics card do you think would be suitable? i have no idea regarding this.

Also, correct me if i am wrong. in built graphics cards belongs in motherboard or processor? AFAIK sandy and ivy bridge proccy has inbuilt graphics card in it. i5 3450 (you were right it will be cheaper) will be ok regarding graphics card. right?

if it needs graphics card in motherboard which one specificaly you recomend?

for future compatibility cx500 will be enough when i will buy graphics card?

Sorry, been kinda busy lately, and I didn't get an email alert for this thread.
I would suggest bare minimum a 7850 on AMD side or 560 TI on the Nvidia side to play @ 1080p. My 7870 handles BF3 just fine. For Nvidia cards, I would recommend EVGA or Zotac branded cards, for AMD, Sapphire all the way. Theres really no wrong answer between AMD or Nvidia for graphics cards, theres good choices to be had from both.

Built in graphics can be part of the motherboard or the CPU depending on the system. Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge have the graphics built onto the CPU die. As do AMD's Llano and Trinity. There are some motherboards with graphics chips onboard. Both types will be disabled once you install a discrete graphics card into a PCI-E slot, with the exception of Llano/Trinity which will crossfire (work in tandem with) with certain AMD discrete graphics card models.

CX500v2 is powerful enough for an i5 and you could run pretty much any single high end graphics card on it. Including GTX 670s and 7970s.

October 10, 2012 3:05:06 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by MouseMonkey
!