Canon G6 vs s500 vs Olympus 8080

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 5, 2005 12:27:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Hi there,
A friend of mine is getting rid of his digital cameras (long story) and
has the above 3 to sell. I am looking more at quality of picture issues
than manual control. In addition, the pictures I will be having printed
are mostly 8x10 and indoor, outdoor, and some fast action (although I
don't need a full SLR). I'm not a manual control type of person, just
someone who wants to take a good shot. I am OK at Photoshop and PSP but
as usual would rather minimize the amount of adjustment needed.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Paula
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:13:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

The S500 has one BIG advantage. You can put it in your shirt pocket (I put a
neck strap on mine) and thus have a camera with you wherever you go -
hassle-free! Mine makes beautiful 8x10s.
What's he asking for the S500? If you don't want it, I have a friend who is
interested.

!