Advice on how to check cable lengths

Hey guys,
I'm wondering do you have any advice or resources that you use to check if the cable lengths included with the hardware will be enough to complete a build?

For example the power connections from PSU to motherboard or CD-rom? How can one figure out when to get extensions? And would you recommend to get the extension cables from the case manufacturer or just grab some generic ones from newegg if available?

Thanks in advance on anything you can contribute.

Solution
I just "guesstimate" you can find out cable lengths from makers spec sheets, reviews etc, couple that with case lengths and the a bit of guessing as to exact lengths (taking in to account any routing) to certain areas you can be reasonably accurate. I do have a draw full of extensions built up over a while but rarely need them I actually tend to find most cables are longer than needed and have to be hidden away.
Well, I can find the lengths of all the wires, but then how do I know that length will be enough to reach the top slot drive bay comfortably?

I guess there's two options: make a computer model and approximate distances needed or buy everything and get extensions if something doesn't work out.

g-unit1111

Titan

That I really can't answer because all cases have different motherboard trays and PSU bays, no two are exactly alike.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
I just "guesstimate" you can find out cable lengths from makers spec sheets, reviews etc, couple that with case lengths and the a bit of guessing as to exact lengths (taking in to account any routing) to certain areas you can be reasonably accurate. I do have a draw full of extensions built up over a while but rarely need them I actually tend to find most cables are longer than needed and have to be hidden away.

Solution