What PC components should I buy

Hey,

So I want to build my own pc but don't know what components to get for my budget. My budget is £1000, if any lower it will help a lot. I want a pc that plays games on max like battlefield ect, also keeping temperatures down. Any builds anyone?
21 answers Last reply
More about what components
  1. Use this website to make your build for the lowest price http://pcpartpicker.com/
    Ill make you a build right now
  2. AJaay said:
    Use this website to make your build for the lowest price http://pcpartpicker.com/
    Ill make you a build right now


    Sorry I'm from the UK not USA.
  3. shaunw50 said:
    Sorry I'm from the UK not USA.

    Ok but anyways its just a good way to review the parts http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jXgo
  4. AJaay said:
    Use this website to make your build for the lowest price http://pcpartpicker.com/
    Ill make you a build right now


    This is my power supply I have, will it be okay to power the newest components ?

    http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a6/a6f0a76d_dell-xps-630-powerA-N-83327-13.jpg
  5. shaunw50 said:
    This is my power supply I have, will it be okay to power the newest components ?

    http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a6/a6f0a76d_dell-xps-630-powerA-N-83327-13.jpg

    Yes thats fine
  6. I would get a new PSU, and I have a list for you using UK sites!

    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/parts/partlist/

    That is excluding a monitor, mouse and keyboard but has everything else you need.
  7. Bolivious said:
    I would get a new PSU, and I have a list for you using UK sites!

    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/parts/partlist/

    That is excluding a monitor, mouse and keyboard but has everything else you need.


    Why would I need to get a new power supply? what wrong with the one I have?
  8. shaunw50 said:
    Why would I need to get a new power supply? what wrong with the one I have?

    Nothing the one you have is fine save, your money for something else
  9. AJaay said:
    Nothing the one you have is fine save, your money for something else



    I will be getting H80 water cooler because I will be over clocking cpu. Problem is this is a picture of the motherboard

    http://static.scan.co.uk/images/products/super/1931473-l-b.jpg

    If you see the 8pin cpu power connector is at top left of the motherboard near the CPU, the corsair H80 water cooler radiator goes over that as far I can see in pictures?
  10. That happends with almost all motherboards your fine, it should not be an issue
  11. AJaay said:
    Nothing the one you have is fine save, your money for something else


    I suppose my last questions is that is it worth staying with the gtx 660ti from MSI or upgrading to a gtx 670 which is £100 more.
  12. I'll bet that since your PSU is a Dell OEM that it:

    A: Doesn't have the necessary connections for things like the video card which takes 2 PCI-E cables
    B: Is a cheap POS. Personally, I wouldn't put 940$ worth of hardware anywhere near that PSU, all it takes is one bad surge and your whole system is fried.

    Makes more sense to get a reliable PSU from a brand like Corsair, XFX, Seasonic or Antec to make sure that your system gets reliable, clean power.

    Also, since you plan to overclock, that Dell PSU won't allow it. Makes more sense to get the PSU now and get everything hooked up than to realize that it won't work for you later on and have to unhook it from everything in the system.

    Also, why would you get a 560ti? All of the current gen cards have been released and you can get more performance and efficiency buying current gen.
  13. Wait, you already have a motherboard?

    That changes what you can get inside your budget by quite a bit.
  14. shaunw50 said:
    I suppose my last questions is that is it worth staying with the gtx 660ti from MSI or upgrading to a gtx 670 which is £100 more.

    670 is a great GPU so my answer is yes
    And if you were to buy a PSU get a corsair
  15. Bolivious said:
    I'll bet that since your PSU is a Dell OEM that it:

    A: Doesn't have the necessary connections for things like the video card which takes 2 PCI-E cables
    B: Is a cheap POS. Personally, I wouldn't put 940$ worth of hardware anywhere near that PSU, all it takes is one bad surge and your whole system is fried.

    Makes more sense to get a reliable PSU from a brand like Corsair, XFX, Seasonic or Antec to make sure that your system gets reliable, clean power.

    Also, since you plan to overclock, that Dell PSU won't allow it. Makes more sense to get the PSU now and get everything hooked up than to realize that it won't work for you later on and have to unhook it from everything in the system.

    Also, why would you get a 560ti? All of the current gen cards have been released and you can get more performance and efficiency buying current gen.



    I'm not planning to get 560ti I am planning to get either a GTX 660ti or 670?

    Can you provide a power supply that is find than please?
  16. AJaay said:
    670 is a great GPU so my answer is yes
    And if you were to buy a PSU get a corsair


    What watt power should I get, also any names of the PSU? or links?
  17. Bolivious said:
    I'll bet that since your PSU is a Dell OEM that it:

    A: Doesn't have the necessary connections for things like the video card which takes 2 PCI-E cables
    B: Is a cheap POS. Personally, I wouldn't put 940$ worth of hardware anywhere near that PSU, all it takes is one bad surge and your whole system is fried.

    Makes more sense to get a reliable PSU from a brand like Corsair, XFX, Seasonic or Antec to make sure that your system gets reliable, clean power.

    Also, since you plan to overclock, that Dell PSU won't allow it. Makes more sense to get the PSU now and get everything hooked up than to realize that it won't work for you later on and have to unhook it from everything in the system.

    Also, why would you get a 560ti? All of the current gen cards have been released and you can get more performance and efficiency buying current gen.


    It's a 750 watt PSU from Dell. Seasonic makes Dell's PSU's. It has 4 12v rails. That PSU will run just about any GPU you want to put into it.
  18. I'm really confused now if I should get PSU now or just stick with my dell 750watt one.
  19. Well color me enlightened. I did not know that Seasonic makes Dell PSUs. As long as it has enough connectors, it should be fine.
  20. Bolivious said:
    Well color me enlightened. I did not know that Seasonic makes Dell PSUs. As long as it has enough connectors, it should be fine.


    It has 2 6pin GPU connections

    24 pin power connection

    8pin cpu power connection.

    Others are just the HDD connections ect..

    Should be okay?
  21. shaunw50 said:
    I'm really confused now if I should get PSU now or just stick with my dell 750watt one.

    Yes i whould keep it,
    Keep it untill it dies (which may be a few years) THEN buy a new psu..
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Components Systems