GPU driver issues with R7770

jmasta111

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hello guys. I recently purchased an XFX R7770 Double D Black Edition and installed it in my computer. Everything seemed to boot up fine after installing drivers and whatnot, and my framerates were predictable to what I expected to see with the card. However, after installing the card, I have been having some driver issues. It appears, in a mulititude of applications, that my video card is not being detected. For example, in camtasia studio 8, my editing window is much laggier than with my 5750, and when I go to render with GPU acceleration turned on, it crashes half way through and tells me that it could not access the video card for acceleration. With Photoshop CS5 I launch it and it says that GPU acceleration was not supported and that my card was not up to its standards. It seems that across the board, although the card is working fine in games, programs are detecting my integrated graphics instead of my new card. Dxdiag says that all GPU acceleration features for my card are functioning correctly, but problems just keep cropping up. Thanks for your help and I hope I can get this worked out.

Specs:
Radeon 1035t (6 cores @ 2.6)
XFX R7770 Double D Black Edition (OC)
8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
1tb & 500gb 7200rpm 3.5" HDD
760g mobo? (maybe i don't exactly rememerber)
Corsair H60 watercooler
DVD-RW drive
620w PSU

Solution

I appreciate the response :)

It turns out that I had the LogMeIn Remote Access software installed. It looks like LogMeIn installed a driver for a "virtual graphics card". That might not be the right terminology, but that's the best way I can describe it. After uninstalling LogMeIn, I restarted Windows and the option to enable OpenGL Photoshop came back. Problem solved! I think Photoshop was trying to do OpenGL drawing but chose the LogMeIn driver as the primary...

deewtonium

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I'm experiencing a similar problem.

After recently purchasing and installing the HIS Radeon HD 7770 card, I have encountered the same issue with Photoshop CS5. I tried completely removing and then reinstalling the latest Catalyst software, but it didn't help. As a result, I can't use the Photoshop features that rely on OpenGL, such as the "Rotate View" tool. I had no issues using any of these features with my previous graphics card. Only after upgrading did I encounter this issue.

jmasta111

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

Wish I had an answer for you. The problem seemed to have resolved itself somehow several weeks after posting this. That's not much help I know but perhaps your problem will resolve itself as well. Also, make sure your updated to the very latest version of AMD Catalyst.

deewtonium

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

I appreciate the response :)

It turns out that I had the LogMeIn Remote Access software installed. It looks like LogMeIn installed a driver for a "virtual graphics card". That might not be the right terminology, but that's the best way I can describe it. After uninstalling LogMeIn, I restarted Windows and the option to enable OpenGL Photoshop came back. Problem solved! I think Photoshop was trying to do OpenGL drawing but chose the LogMeIn driver as the primary graphics card.

Solution