Gaming PC?

Hey,

So here are the components I have chosen to play games on max like battlefeild 3 for example.

Motherboard: MSI Z77 Mpower = £120.72

Graphics card: MSI Power edition Gefore GTX 660 Ti = £205.61

Intel core i5-3570k (Ivy Bridge) £141.66

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz = £50.73

Corsair Vengeance C70 case = £99.99

Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Water Cooler = £66.66

OCZ Vertex 60GB SDD = £43.50

The Hard drive and power supply I already have. Will these Components be fine to run games like battlefeild 3 on max, also if there anything I can lower in price that I don't need than be sure to add it to your reply.
11 answers Last reply
More about gaming
  1. Will this power supply work with all newest pc components

    http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a6/a6f0a76d_dell-xps-630-powerA-N-83327-13.jpg
  2. You don't need 16 Gigs ram - 8 will be MORE than enough.
    I'd highly recommend getting a larger SSD, and putting the games you use a lot on it. (Instant loading screens are sexy.)

    Don't bother with a closed-circuit water cooler - an equally priced air cooler will blow it out of the water. (And unless you're going for an overclock that's extremely high - more than 4.5-4.8 on that chip, then don't bother getting a high end one. A Hyper 212+ or evo will get you to 4.4 and beyond with ease.)


    The other thing that I'd think about changing is that graphics card. The 660ti has a neutered memory bus, which means that it's a rather horrible card - at that price point, AMD blows it away.

    If you want to stick with Nvidia, get the 670; it's an amazing card.

    What resolution are you playing at? If it's enthusiast standard (1080p), the 660ti won't be able to get even 40 fps with max settings on battlefield 3. It'll run medium or low fine.
  3. Your power supply should be just fine.

    Oh, something I forgot in the above post... rule of thumb generally is to spend twice on the video card than you spend on the CPU.
  4. DarkSable said:
    You don't need 16 Gigs ram - 8 will be MORE than enough.
    I'd highly recommend getting a larger SSD, and putting the games you use a lot on it. (Instant loading screens are sexy.)

    Don't bother with a closed-circuit water cooler - an equally priced air cooler will blow it out of the water. (And unless you're going for an overclock that's extremely high - more than 4.5-4.8 on that chip, then don't bother getting a high end one. A Hyper 212+ or evo will get you to 4.4 and beyond with ease.)


    The other thing that I'd think about changing is that graphics card. The 660ti has a neutered memory bus, which means that it's a rather horrible card - at that price point, AMD blows it away.

    If you want to stick with Nvidia, get the 670; it's an amazing card.

    What resolution are you playing at? If it's enthusiast standard (1080p), the 660ti won't be able to get even 40 fps with max settings on battlefield 3. It'll run medium or low fine.


    Will this power supply work with all newest pc components

    http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a6/a6f0a7 [...] 327-13.jpg
  5. DarkSable said:
    Your power supply should be just fine.

    Oh, something I forgot in the above post... rule of thumb generally is to spend twice on the video card than you spend on the CPU.



    Okay, just a shock spending this much on computer components IE GTX 670 is £100 more than GTX 660Ti. When I see benchmarks with the MSI GTX 660 ti on battlefeild 3 they get 50-70fps. This is fine isn't it?

    Also are you 100% sure the power supply is all okay because I heard people say like 51v on a 12v rail ect which I don't understand.
  6. shaunw50 said:
    Hey,

    So here are the components I have chosen to play games on max like battlefeild 3 for example.

    Motherboard: MSI Z77 Mpower = £120.72

    Graphics card: MSI Power edition Gefore GTX 660 Ti = £205.61

    Intel core i5-3570k (Ivy Bridge) £141.66

    Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz = £50.73

    Corsair Vengeance C70 case = £99.99

    Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Water Cooler = £66.66

    OCZ Vertex 60GB SDD = £43.50

    The Hard drive and power supply I already have. Will these Components be fine to run games like battlefeild 3 on max, also if there anything I can lower in price that I don't need than be sure to add it to your reply.


    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Z77-Extreme4-Motherboard-Supports-CrossFireX/dp/B007KTY4A6/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909564&sr=1-4 £109.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, Premium Gold Caps)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-Ballistix-BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU-DDR3-Memory/dp/B006YG94Y2/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909639&sr=1-1 £28.50 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    Crucial Ballistix BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU 8GB (4GB x2) DDR3 Memory Kit

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-120mm/dp/B0068OI7T8/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909691&sr=1-2 £24.05 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-128GB-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B007ZW2LY4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909760&sr=1-1 £54.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    SanDisk 128GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-CC-9011017-WW-Windowed/dp/B008B6ONXA/ref=sr_1_13?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909935&sr=1-13 £69.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R CC-9011017-WW Windowed Gaming Case - Black
  7. Why_Me said:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Z77-Extreme4-Motherboard-Supports-CrossFireX/dp/B007KTY4A6/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909564&sr=1-4 £109.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, Premium Gold Caps)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-Ballistix-BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU-DDR3-Memory/dp/B006YG94Y2/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909639&sr=1-1 £28.50 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    Crucial Ballistix BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU 8GB (4GB x2) DDR3 Memory Kit

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-120mm/dp/B0068OI7T8/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909691&sr=1-2 £24.05 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-128GB-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B007ZW2LY4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909760&sr=1-1 £54.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    SanDisk 128GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-CC-9011017-WW-Windowed/dp/B008B6ONXA/ref=sr_1_13?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1349909935&sr=1-13 £69.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R CC-9011017-WW Windowed Gaming Case - Black


    GPU?
  8. shaunw50 said:
    GPU?

    That 660 ti is a good one and it looks like you got it for a decent price.
  9. Why_Me said:
    That 660 ti is a good one and it looks like you got it for a decent price.


    It can run highest settings on like battlefield can it?
  10. shaunw50 said:
    It can run highest settings on like battlefield can it?

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_660_Ti_Power_Edition/8.html
  11. Why_Me said:


    So it should run any games at there highest only game is metro 2033 because that is such a demanding game
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems