Solved

Should I Change my Build List? Less than $1000 Pc

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
October 11, 2012 12:11:22 AM

Hey Im new to this forum and Im starting to build my first gaming pc.I bought some of my parts already but dont know if I should return them cause I think my parts are overkill. I want to play my games in 1080p/ultra settings. And Im seeking maybe for a gtx 570 or 670 for my gpu. Im not really familiar of overclocking but sooner or later I want to learn. So is my parts good? Thanks

Budget:Less than $1000

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $160
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler $30
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 $130
Memory: Vengeance Series 8GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 $45
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7,200RPM $100
Case: CM Storm Enforcer Mid Tower ATX $90
Power Supply: Modxstream Pro 700w Modular Power Supply $90
Video Card :???

More about : change build list 1000

October 11, 2012 12:35:05 AM

This looks like a fine build, just make sure you get the Low Profile version of the Vengeance RAM, you don't want the normal Vengeance heat spreaders sticking up and conflicting with your CPU cooler.

I would suggest getting a 670 rather than a 570 if you can afford it. It's a big performance jump, and should also be quieter / lower power draw, ought to last you for years to come.

Here's an ASUS GTX 670 for $380 and a Gigabyte GTX 670 for $370. Either one would be a fine choice.
m
l
October 11, 2012 12:46:13 AM

ckholt83 said:
This looks like a fine build, just make sure you get the Low Profile version of the Vengeance RAM, you don't want the normal Vengeance heat spreaders sticking up and conflicting with your CPU cooler.

I would suggest getting a 670 rather than a 570 if you can afford it. It's a big performance jump, and should also be quieter / lower power draw, ought to last you for years to come.

Here's an ASUS GTX 670 for $380 and a Gigabyte GTX 670 for $370. Either one would be a fine choice.

Thanks man. Im going to have to return the memory so I can pick up the low profile ones. Yea the 670 is tempting.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 11, 2012 12:47:13 AM

There are a small handful of things I'd change. Get an i5-3570k. It's $10 more for a generation newer tech. You'd be able to keep the same motherboard, no less.

I'm not positive you need to get the low profile ram, but it doesn't hurt to do so.

Doubling up on ckholt 83's advice to get a 670 - it's faster, cooler, uses less power... and did I mention that it's way faster?

The only thing I would add to your build is an SSD. It makes a HUGE difference in how 'snappy' Windows is and how quickly programs and loading screens load.

Last thing - triple check reviews on your PSU to see if it's reliable, as it's an off-brand psu.
October 11, 2012 2:21:34 AM

DarkSable said:
There are a small handful of things I'd change. Get an i5-3570k. It's $10 more for a generation newer tech. You'd be able to keep the same motherboard, no less.

I'm not positive you need to get the low profile ram, but it doesn't hurt to do so.

Doubling up on ckholt 83's advice to get a 670 - it's faster, cooler, uses less power... and did I mention that it's way faster?

The only thing I would add to your build is an SSD. It makes a HUGE difference in how 'snappy' Windows is and how quickly programs and loading screens load.

Last thing - triple check reviews on your PSU to see if it's reliable, as it's an off-brand psu.

Thats probably what im going to do. Im going to return it and get the i5 3570k. Ill double check on the psu. Thanks for the advice.
m
l