Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia control Panel not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 18, 2012 1:14:42 PM

I dunno what to choose as the title so thats good enough,
but here is the problem.

I saw that my card reaches 100 degrees at 100% load, while using furmark, even at stock settings, no oc. Its a Zotac Gtx 560 non-ti
when i used HWmonitor, i saw that even at 100% only 70% fan speed is recorded, so i searched google to find out how to increase fan usage to 100 % and found out that using Nvidia's nTune, you get a performance tab in Nvidia Control Panel, which will help you monitor the fans.

So i downloaded ntune and installed it and sure enough got the tabs, but as soon as i click on "Accept end user agreement" in the Performance tab, The control panel hangs and then windows gives error "Nvidia Control Panel has stopped working"

It happens everytime. How to get it working? Also is there any other way to regulate fan speeds? like other softwares?

I know the problem should be my small case(iball i2511, to be precise) in which my 560 barely fits, thats why the temp is high, but I dont have cash to buy new case atm and can only rely on stock card fans.

Best solution

a c 171 Î Nvidia
August 18, 2012 4:17:45 PM

Uninstall Ntune and download and use MSI Afterburner instead.
August 18, 2012 5:04:20 PM

Best answer selected by KidBuu.
Score
Related resources
August 18, 2012 5:06:45 PM

I already did that hahaha, after i asked this question i searched lot on the net and everywhere, oeveryone suggested Afterburner, and i am using it. pretty good.
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
August 18, 2012 5:19:12 PM

Thanks for the BA and I'm happy to hear it's working for you. :) 
Score
!