Best TV pic card?

vetski179

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
Have AIW Pro 128. TV tuner works OK, but picture could be better. And, if I record video or still captures using the AIW, the quality of the recorded still/video playback is really pretty crappy. Which card(s) are better at this? Thank you-

G

You got crappy recordings? Are you recording in Mpeg2? At least at 7Mbps VBR? Do u get dropped frames? What's your CPU speed?

As for TV picture, it's dependent on the TV tuner in the AIW. There are some, but RARE, reviews for TV tuners on the internet. If you decide to get a better/another TV tuner, be sure to get one with composite outputs to route video+audio to your capture card (AIW).

I think it's not that difficult to make a good quality TV tuner card, so most all reasonably priced tuners give good quality. How bad is bad for you? How different is the picture on your PC compared to on your TV?

vetski179

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I'm running 1G Athlon. 512 mem. No dropped frames. Unsure if recording in MPEG 2. The picture, when watching TV on the monitor, is fine. It's when hitting the record button, and latter watching that recorded video, that the picture quality is a step down from the original live view. Or, when using the still capture. The captured still is not as good as the live monitor view. Thanks for the response-

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
You need to have a different HD recording your video than the one your OS is on. Also, this card record to ATI-TV standard, not MEPEG. If you want to change your settings to make it better, go to the settings tab on the ATI TV (or Video) Player, rightclick on the screen, and then you will see a capture properties Tab or Box. There, you will be able to set the properties to give you a better picture. I could give you more info but I skipped this card and bought a AIW Radeon instead so I know that card alot more than the older version.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

TRENDING THREADS