Multiple molex connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandiegophil

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Hello,

I bought a new workstation a few weeks ago. I noticed that all the unused molex connectors from the power supply are connected/chained together. Is this safe? Is this done for the purpose of wire management? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Solution
to be honest, you shouldnt be using many molex plugs. most componets nowadays use either sata power, or pci-e 6 pin plugs. if you need to power a fan or what not that doesnt use a standard 3 pin plug, go ahead with it

the chain is supposed to be like that. just plug things into the chain when you need to do so

sandiegophil

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

Thanks for the reply and information. So if I need a molex connector for something I should just unplug one from the end of the chain and use it for whatever I'm adding and keep it disconnected from the chain?

to be honest, you shouldnt be using many molex plugs. most componets nowadays use either sata power, or pci-e 6 pin plugs. if you need to power a fan or what not that doesnt use a standard 3 pin plug, go ahead with it

the chain is supposed to be like that. just plug things into the chain when you need to do so

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.