"Display driver has stopped respond, but has recovered!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

progz

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hey guys,

This issue is beating the outta me. I have no idea what is the problem. I might have a clue, but not sure, cause it just wouldn't make sense.

First, everytime I boot up my PC this is "pop up" comes up. I do not have ANY issues playing games on my computer AT ALL. I can run games for hours on end, not a crash, nothing wrong.

I also checked my temps for EVERYTHING, mobo, video card, hdd, everything is fine!

Secondly, I tried installing old drivers (not too old, just the newest recommend driver from nvidia) I was currently using the beta's since they run the best with GW2. Once again, I played GW2 with high settings, FOR A VERY LONG TIME. It did not crash at all.

I'm still playing games fine till this day.

Now, this is what I been thinking, when I first downloaded the nvidia beta drivers, I remember installing "HD audio driver" and heard about that somehow making this "pop up" come up. Well I've unistall it several times, and reinstalled it without, and this pop up keeps coming up. Im not sure, if its still installed or what? Am I gunna need to reformat?

Secondly, just recently, my huge front fan went out, and doesn't work, but all other fans work fine. I dont have a replacement, but was gunna buy one off of newegg soon, I highly doubt that was the problem, and my Temps have been fine, so I been slow at buying a new fan for my case.

Sooo.... my last step was to come here and find out why is this happening... and what is wrong... that I dont notice yet?

Thanks guys.

Edit: Also, did a dust cleaning, dusted out everything just to see if it will help it, and didn't.

edit: All fixed guys, I just reformatted and it doesnt pop up. Running nvidia driver 301.42.

I honestly do think it was the "Nvidia HD audio" install that messed it up, but whatever, its gone now, and im happy.

It's a common error with both nvidia and amd cards.

There are numerous forums dedicated to this issue for the last 7 years, with no real fix, some things work for some, others work for others, nothing works for everyone.

The best thing to do would be to format and re-install Windows, this usually fixes it, and don't use beta drivers.

progz

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Yeah, I noticed the nvidia forums are down at the moment, and well, I can't check a lot of the links that Ive found, but that is deff one thing I did see. so, thats what Im guessing. Im a crazy dude when it comes to my PC, so Im about reformat and see what happens. I hate when my PC isnt working right, or is giving errors like this.

I pretty much thought, nothing was happening either.

Im gunna reformat right now, be back in like 40mins?

Id edit my post.

progz

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
All fixed guys, I just reformatted and it doesnt pop up. Running nvidia driver 301.42.

I honestly do think it was the "Nvidia HD audio" install that messed it up, but whatever, its gone now, and im happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS