Not open for further replies.

d00msdayxx

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
so lets start at cpu first.

first build ever:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: G.SKILL Value 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C11S-8GNT
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full (64-bit)
Mouse: Logitech G9x Wired Laser Mouse
Monitor: HP 2010i 20" widescreen lcd 16:9
Optical Drive: HP DVD-RAM GH60L

problems that have occurred since turning on:

a few times i got a "burrr" noise in speakers and then blue screen of death. this doesnt happen anymore. or hasnt since i updated windows.
every now and then the speakers will make the "burrrrrrr" noise and the screen will stutter.
also when i turn the system off the speakers will make a static noise.
screen will stutter every few seconds. this isnt a constant occurrence but occasionally happens. until i restart.

one thing might be a problem, when i installed the stock heatsink as i assembled the system, i set the heatsink down on the side panel i had laying beside me, not knowing the thermal grease was preapplied the the underside of it. it stuck to the side panel and i pulled it off and continued assembling it. some of the grease came off and stuck to the side panel.

speedfan shows very low temps so it isnt overheating. nothing over 40 C.
also, im new to cpu's and cpu-z but it isnt showing the 3.5 ghz for core speed when i open cpu-z . it says anything from 1000mhz-3700mhz.

could someone lead me in the right direction?

d00msdayxx

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
happened again this morning.

turned computer on, turned on trixx overclock. slight overclock.

watched streaming video. noise again and stuttering.
restarted computer and turned off trixx. worked fine for a while. then same problem again while playign bf3

Status
Not open for further replies.