Wolfenstein Enemy Territory - Where can I get the Linux so..

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein,alt.games.war,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

I am trying to find the Linux source code for the latest version of
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

I believe that the latest version is 2.56-2.

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West

Telephone: (0121) 422 6580

http://markhobley.yi.org/

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:08:16 +0000, Mark Hobley wrote:

> I am trying to find the Linux source code for the latest version of
> Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

I don't believe that the source has been released for ET...

Linux Registered User #327951

Mark Hobley wrote:
> I am trying to find the Linux source code for the latest version of
> Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

I don't think there's a special Linux version. Take a look at
http://tinyurl.com/4kgz3 to find a .tgz of the source. It _should_ be
the latest version but I haven't checked.

Benjamin Bluemchen <bbluemchen@gmx.com> wrote:

> I don't think there's a special Linux version.

> http://tinyurl.com/4kgz3 to find a .tgz of the source. It _should_ be
> the latest version but I haven't checked.

This redirects me to www.splashdamage.com.

I can find a wet_source.exe, which is the Windows source, but I cannot find a
..tgz file.

I follow the link for Enemy Territory Tools and Source Code (10).

What is the name of the source .tgz file ? I might be able to trace it using a seach
engine.

In the case of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the source file for Linux is called
wolf-linux-sdk-1.41-x86.run.

This is a self extractor which produced the source tree and is a separate file
from the windows source code.

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West

Telephone: (0121) 422 6580

http://markhobley.yi.org/

"Mark Hobley" <markhobley@hotpop.deletethisbit.com> wrote in message
> Benjamin Bluemchen <bbluemchen@gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think there's a special Linux version.
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/4kgz3 to find a .tgz of the source. It _should_ be
>> the latest version but I haven't checked.
>
> This redirects me to www.splashdamage.com.
>
> I can find a wet_source.exe, which is the Windows source, but I cannot
> find a
> .tgz file.

Second post in that thread has the link

http://bani.anime.net/etpro/wet_source.tgz

When I just tried this link it downloaded a .tar file. This contains a
wet_source file which appears to be a compiler generated file as there is
some binary data within it, however, the source is clearly viewable in a
text editor and can be extracted easily enough.

Dan / [AGW]Spacker

Spack wrote:

> http://bani.anime.net/etpro/wet_source.tgz
>
> When I just tried this link it downloaded a .tar file. This contains a
> wet_source file which appears to be a compiler generated file as there is
> some binary data within it, however, the source is clearly viewable in a
> text editor and can be extracted easily enough.

Just tried it myself and wet_source.tgz is what i got. Using 7-Zip to
open, it contains the wet_source.tar, which in turn contains the
WET_Source directory. Nothing unexpected i would say. How did you open
the file? Seeing that you had a .tar in the first place it looks like
there was some automatic decompression taking place?

"Benjamin Bluemchen" <bbluemchen@gmx.com> wrote in message
> Spack wrote:
>
>> http://bani.anime.net/etpro/wet_source.tgz
>>
>> When I just tried this link it downloaded a .tar file. This contains a
>> wet_source file which appears to be a compiler generated file as there is
>> some binary data within it, however, the source is clearly viewable in a
>> text editor and can be extracted easily enough.
>
> Just tried it myself and wet_source.tgz is what i got. Using 7-Zip to
> open, it contains the wet_source.tar, which in turn contains the
> WET_Source directory. Nothing unexpected i would say. How did you open the
> file? Seeing that you had a .tar in the first place it looks like there
> was some automatic decompression taking place?

Quite likely. I'm on an XP PC with IE6, when I clicked on the link I had the
normal download dialog appear but it asked where I wanted to save
wet_source.tar - whether this is due to automatic gzip handling in IE
(either natively or added by WinZIP), or the server at the other offering a
..tar instead of a .tgz, I haven't bothered looking into. I opened up the
saved .tar with WinRAR (WinZIP choked with "error in header after processing
0 entries". The resulting wet_source file I opened in PFE (much faster than
Notepad and doesn't choke when binary data is present).

Dan / [AGW]Spacker

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Stavo dormendo su un bancale di lambro quando il post di Dan C mi
desto'

>> I am trying to find the Linux source code for the latest version of
>> Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

> I don't believe that the source has been released for ET...

Already booze, there in FLA? :)
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

pierre

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein,alt.games.war,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Just take a look around one of the larger and better websites on WET.

http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/index.php

Good Luck,

Pierre