Excel Crashes when I cut and Paste

Todd Charske

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
I have a completely new Lenovo X120e computer - yes my company bought the best (sarcasm). ANy way whenever I try to copy from excel and paste into another program the excel crashes. This is reoccuring any ideas? It just shuts down completely and trys to restart. Thanks ahead of time.

- Todd Charske

Todd Charske

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

I was a little annoyed by it myself, IT does crash during other functions but mostly when I'm messing with excel. The computer is obviously a cheap computer?!?!

or if it is a company machine, get your IT dept to fix it, and don't give them the opportunity to point a finger at you.
I have found that about 50% of laptops (out of a sample of 10ish) have a bad installation from scratch, as if the image does not work. Clean full installations are better. If you can, reinstall office, if they let you, but let your IT dept do the work so you can do yours .

bwrlane

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Strangely, I have only once had a similar problem and it was also in Excel 2003 on a Lenovo laptop. I think it was a T60 or something - also given by my employer. It had Windows XP

Sometimes copy-pasting, or turning a font bold, would crash it, or cause Excel to hang for several minutes. It got to the point that it was so intolerable that I always used to carry around my personal laptop with me, just for Excel.

Todd Charske

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

This is a Lenovo X120e

Todd Charske

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

It has 4 gig (3.6 usable) it says of Ram

64 bit ioerating system

processor AMD E-350 1.60 GHZ