NO sound

Tumzie

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Hello,
K so i recently formatted my pc and started a fresh .. my headphones are not getting any sound from then try'ed all he usb ports and several headphones so its not that ive tryed sound and devices thts not working however i noticed in divice manager it has an "?"beside other divices and in that is multimedia audio controller(2)and video controller (VGA Compatible) could this be the problem.. i've tryed updateing it, says windows could not find the necessary software.. with all of them how do i fix this?

tumzie first off download cpu-z and run it. it read your mb info for you. then go to your mb vendor web page to get the right drivers. if the pc is a dell or hp or another pre build go to that vendor web page for the drivers.
the first driver that needs to be downloaded is the intel or amd motherboard chipset drivers.
the video drivers can be install be running nvidia or amd driver search tool from nvidia or amd web page.
the audio drivers if your mb uses the stock sound chipset can be found here.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
when you wipe windows it loses the inf driver info that was loaded when the pc was new.