shoulderlean

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hey guys, a few years ago while my house was under construction i ran a bunch of cat5 and coax cable from one distribution point with the future in mind. Here I am in the future trying to get connected in my kitchen and ive run into a problem. :fou:
Heres what matters:
There are 5 coax cables running from my distribution point to my kitchen and ONE cat5. This was done with the idea of sending component video from the cable box using 3 coax, and audio with 2, then VGA over cat5 from my HTPC. Now that I bought a TV for my kitchen and connected everything, im realizing the cat5 is either experiencing some serious interference somewhere behind my walls or the cat5 may be too long to send a good VGA signal. Im getting some very bad ghosting on the screen with the vga over cat5. I do not experience when bypassing the cat5 within the walls. (connecting new tv, with vga over cat5 with patch cable next to HTPC)........ the component cables, however arent experiencing this and the cable box signal is coming through without a hitch.
So, my only option to get my HTPC signal over to the kitchen is via component cables. But, I dont know if there is a video card that will output component signal. I currently run an asus m4a-785g motherboard and use its HDMI output on the main tv. I just really need a solution for outputting a component signal to my kitchen.
I would like to have it setup as a second display mirroring the primary display and not setup as an extension of my desktop.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you

shoulderlean

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Thanks for the quick response. Will these converters simply output component video from a digital connection like dvi or hdmi? If so, then it seems like any newish and decent video card will be the solution.
Ive tried to use a vga to component cable but that doesnt give me anything besides a blank screen...
Would like some assurance before i waste anymore money on a hdmi/dvi to component splitter.