Solved

EGPU

How do you use an eGPU with a laptop? Theres only a couple games id like to play and the only thing that is holding me back is the graphics card?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about egpu
  1. Well what laptop do you have? There are a number different connections to use depending on what you have. How much are you looking to spend? In most cases it is better to just get a new laptop/desktop.
  2. k1114 said:
    Well what laptop do you have? There are a number different connections to use depending on what you have. How much are you looking to spend? In most cases it is better to just get a new laptop/desktop.

+1

u need to have thunderbolt
  3. Oops sorry all, forgot to read how to post. I have a toshiba satellite with an Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 4.0gb ram, Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family GPU, Windows 7 x64. Budget...no idea, i dont have any ballpark idea how much eGPU's are. I dont have any brand or website preferences. I pretty much just want to be able to play DayZ. Im not that computer savvy and i have no idea how eGPU's work or if theyre even worth it. Thanks for your help in advance!
  4. get a new laptop,
    end of story
  5. really? :( alright then. O and ive got it hooked up via hdmi to a 27in sansui hdtv 1920x1080
  6. An egpu is nothing but a regular graphics card and psu. I need to know what exact model number to know what ports you have. Thunderbolt is not necessary although the other connections are only pcie x1.
  7. ok its model number A505-s6980
  8. Best answer
    You could use the mpcie(where your wifi card is plugged into on the bottom of your laptop), but it looks like you'll need a torx screwdriver instead of a regular screwdriver to access it. The adapter is $113 and then probably spend around $160 for gpu+psu. Was looking at 550ti and antec earthwatts 380w.
  9. Best answer selected by bthackrey.
  10. Awesome thanks, I just needed direction on where to begin looking. Ill be looking into that setup. Thanks so much! :D
  11. So youre saying id have to take the wifi card out? and just hardwire my internet?
  12. I forgot to post the link to the adapter. http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4H.html You'll want the pe4h-pm3n.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Games Graphics