Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How do you install a PSU

Last response: in Components
February 23, 2013 10:30:44 PM

I already have built my custom build and I was wondering how easy it is to not install but SWAP a PSU from the stock one to a new one, is it hard? what can go wrong?
thanks

More about : install psu

February 23, 2013 11:18:22 PM

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to say? You want to change your psu to a new one?
February 23, 2013 11:23:50 PM

compgenie said:
Can you elaborate on what you are trying to say? You want to change your psu to a new one?

Yes, I want a new PSU and I want to know what skill level you need to do so
Related resources
February 23, 2013 11:28:39 PM

Quadacon said:
Yes, I want a new PSU and I want to know what skill level you need to do so

It's really easy actually. You need to know where each wire goes and plug it in. And don't forget to plug it in properly
Here -www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvClS_M-09o
Copy the link and watch the video

Best solution

February 23, 2013 11:46:20 PM

The only problem I've encountered in the past when swapping out a power supply, was that I could not physically get it out of the case without removing the CPU heatsink. Some cases, I'm thinking of those with top-mounted PSUs, are designed with a rail to support the PSU such that you have to turn it sideways and move it down across the CPU in order to get it out. This usually requires removing the CPU heatsink. To me that's a lot of extra work. That's another reason I like cases with bottom-mounted PSUs, in addition to the case being more stable (not top-heavy and prone to tipping over).
February 24, 2013 12:26:45 AM

Best answer selected by Quadacon.
!