saad123abc

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
hi i am new to the computer building world.

i want a computer to play:
need for speed mostwanted
half life 2
league of legends
black ops(maby at lower res and settings)
all at max settings at 1600x1200.
i might do some video editing from time to time but not a serious YouTube holic.

i am going to overclock the following:
cpu: 4.4 ghz
igpu:1150mhz
gpu 1150mhz
ram: 2400mhz
here is my system: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/k0uN

i will be getting another set of ram to make 16 gig just for future proffing because its cheaper now. i have a 1 terabyte hdd, dvd burner, windows 7 ultimate 64bit. do you think this will run my needs even if im on a budget. i read alot of reviews saying that they will keep the fm2 socket for a couple more years so i have the ability to upgrade that later. so do you think i should procied with the build and please give me any advice if you can all is helpful

A coupld of suggestions: Your Mileage May Vary. This is important to remember - you cannot know that you can get to 4.4Ghz.

My suggestion would be to get an i3 and faster graphics card, as iGPU+6670 will be beaten by pretty much any HD7xxx GPU out there, with the possible exception of the 7750. Not sure if they will keep the FM2 socket, and if you get an i3 you have the option to go to a 3570k

Closed loop watercooling is a waste of money; it gets beaten by cheaper high end air coolers.

You want a larger SSD; it can be hard to keep stuff within 64GB. Go for a 128GB Vertex 4 or SSD 830.

malbluff

Honorable
In all honesty, the A10 isn't REALLY a processor, more like a graphics chip, with a bit of processing. Check out "Hardware Secrets" review, comparing the A10 with Ivybridge i3. Whilst the A10 works well, as a light gamer, without seperate graphics, it was miles behind the i3, in almost all other processes, including video editing.