Epson Stylus Scan 2000 XP Driver Trouble

Hi.

My Epson Stylus Scan 2000 printer/scanner will not work with Windows XP! I
was hoping someone would have some advice or know if there are updated
drivers for it.

I've tried the latest Windows 2000 drivers and it still doesn't function. I
can't find anything about its existence on the Epson website.

I'm pretty stuck, and wouldn't like to buy another printer/scanner just
because of drivers issues.

Thanks!

--

The Berzerker
By Nature's Hand, By Crafts, By Art, What Once Was One, Now Fly Apart!

    I had your problem with Epson Color Stylus and Brother
    printer/fax/scanner. I hope this helps:
    Thank you for taking the time to contact Epson. It is my
    pleasure to
    respond to your inquiry.

    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO:

    Install a resident printer driver on the Windows XP
    operating system.

    NOTE: Windows XP should detect and automatically install
    devices attached
    via the parallel or usb ports on the computer. You should
    be able to attach
    the printer, and the "Plug and Play" feature will install
    the appropriate
    driver.

    If the driver does not automatically install, please
    contact your Computer
    vendor. The "Plug and Play" feature may be disabled within
    your computer.

    The resident driver installation should only be used if
    the printer is not
    detected and installed.

    1. Start by opening the "Printers and Faxes" window. Click
    on "Add Printer"
    on the left hand side of the screen.
    2. The "Add Printer Wizard" screen will come up. Click
    on "Next".
    3. At the "Local or Network Printer" screen, select "Local
    Printer" and
    place a check on "Automatically Detect and Install my Plug
    and Play
    Printer". Click on "Next".
    4. Windows should report it will check for Plug and Play
    hardware. It
    should also detect and install the appropriate resident
    printer driver.
    5. A window will appear and tell you when the process is
    completed.
    6. When the printer is installed, it will ask you if you
    would like to
    print a test page. Check "Yes", then click on "Next".
    7. The next screen will display the settings for the
    printer. Click on
    "Finish" to complete the installation and print the test
    page.

    If you require further assistance with this particular
    issue, please ensure
    all of our previous correspondence is contained in your
    reply, so we can
    better track the history of this issue.

    If you have a different technical support issue, please
    submit another
    E-form via our website (http://www.epson.com), and we will
    respond in a
    timely manner. Thank you again for contacting Epson.

    Copyright© 2004 Epson America, Inc. 3840 Kilroy Airport
    Way, Long Beach, CA
    90806

    Henry K
    Epson Connection

    How do I install the resident drivers for my Epson Color
    Stylus 600 printer
    in Windows XP? The drivers are not listed on your site.
    Thanks,
    Keith.
    http://www.inmate-connection.com/

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Disconnect the printer and then start your computer. XP
    should detect new hardware found. Otherwise, contact
    Epson for compatible drivers

Drivers Stylus Epson Windows XP