Anything way to test if my IGPU is dead?

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
So this is my current problem:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/331380-30-click-boost-computer-shutdowns-restarts

My BIOS currently does not list any IGPU settings whatsoever and the device manager doesn't list it either. There is no way for me to use my integrated graphics from i5 3570k.

I flashed the BIOS and still nothing.

Now, I removed my GTX 670 from the system and plugged in the HDMI to the motherboard.

I ges 1 long beep, and 3 short beeps after that and picture on the screen.

Is my IGPU dead, and is there a way to test to see if it's the CPU fault or the motherboard's fault?

Solution

^ never bump posts. Against the forum rules (I understand not getting an answer could be frustrating but still...).
Now to your problem. Unlikely, the IGP died by a gpu boost option. This is what you should try to do.
Turn of your system. Kill all power going into the psu, monitor and speakers. but keep everything plugged into the sockets. Remove the mobo battery. Now discharge the static in your case by pushing the case power button. this step will also reset your BIOS.

Now remove the gpu. Replace your mobo battery. next, locate the CMOS jumper on your mobo. It has three pins marked 1,2 and 3 with a connector shorting two of those 1 and 2. Take the connector and short 2nd 3 now. Now you have reverted to default BIOS...

satyamdubey

Distinguished

^ never bump posts. Against the forum rules (I understand not getting an answer could be frustrating but still...).
Now to your problem. Unlikely, the IGP died by a gpu boost option. This is what you should try to do.
Turn of your system. Kill all power going into the psu, monitor and speakers. but keep everything plugged into the sockets. Remove the mobo battery. Now discharge the static in your case by pushing the case power button. this step will also reset your BIOS.

Now remove the gpu. Replace your mobo battery. next, locate the CMOS jumper on your mobo. It has three pins marked 1,2 and 3 with a connector shorting two of those 1 and 2. Take the connector and short 2nd 3 now. Now you have reverted to default BIOS settings and any changes that might not be undone by above resetting step will be taken care of.

http://tektype.wordpress.com/2010/07/03/motherboard-problems-clearing-the-cmos-may-help/

once this is done. Connect your monitor to the mobo monitor socket (this runs on the IGPU) and boot up your system. This should work. Once you've got your system up an running. Peerform an IPDT run and since your are running off the IGP, it will report how your IGP is working.

good luck
-satyam

Solution

programmer1994

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
hello all____sam problem i have 1 month ago....i solved solution for this....
1. download latest bios firmware
2. install bios
3. enable multi monitoring for `igpu`
4. enable fast boot
5. sata set to ahci(for better loading)

sorry for bad english,,,im georgian

programmer1994

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

:ptdr:
not working-----I THINK PROBLEM CALLED TO PROCESSOR IGPU

TRENDING THREADS