Trouble with GTX 660 ti

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

Just got this in the mail today and installed it, installed drivers, uninstalled old one, everything went smoothly, I thought.

Now I'm having some issues, I went to watch a youtube video first and had no sound, I was getting no sound from anywhere except the skype startup sounds although I can see the levels if I play a video. Then I started up Saints Row 3 to see what the card could do and it was laggy. I'm not sure why this is happening.

I'm wondering if the card itself is defective

Another strange thing is I went to canyourunit.com and they gave me some interesting results.

They say I'm below standards for the card, but it lists everything above average.

29u7me.png

I'm not quite sure what the problem is I'd really appreciate some help!

here are the specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 ti
AMD FX 6100 Six-Core processor 3.30ghz
8 gb ram
850w psu

do you have a older graphics card lying around? you could test if it was your card that is having the problems

you could also put your 660ti in a friends computer and then try running stuff with it and see if its something else in your system

ps: you should have gone with a intel system. intergrated graphics really do help out in these situations

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

old card was amd. How can I tell that I uninstalled the old driver completely?

I've already got 305.68 too

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I followed a tutorial on how to remove all amd and ati files and the only thing left on my system is the amd catalyst install manager but i don't have the option to remove it in control panel. just lets me uninstall the drivers which have already been uninstalled. I'll get on removing the audio driver and see if that fixes my sound

edit: yep sound is fixed. im convinced this is a driver issue now. going to figure out whats still left on my system thats handicapping the new card

ok

and should be able to uninstall amd catalyst install manager

does it have the change option?

if so click that then choose remove

last time i had an amd card i used drivercleaner or driversweeper to remove all the amd stuff before putting in my new

nvidia card

dont know if they are still free though

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

if i go that route will i have to swap out cards again to do that process?

andrewcarr

Distinguished

Just saying he doesn't have an A6 he has an FX series so no integrated graphics.
But yes an i5 would have been better.

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Did that and still no difference on saints row. I'm wondering if im lacking in hardware somewhere else

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Would this be the case of a loose cord? How can I go about fixing this? MY psu is 850w

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

I've never had a problem that couldn't be figured out with one answer. This is so confusing haha

alecp130

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi guys,

Have an update and a new question. I'm getting no signal at all from my card now. All I did was restart my comp and now, no signal.

Is this proof that the card is defective? Whats going on?