Ati radeon hd 4550

hi i'm gonna buy a ati radeon hd 4550 cuz it the only one who's gonna work for my psu ! :D
Q1 : can this graphic card run this games in high settings : fifa 11 gta 4 cod mw2 batman arkaham asylum assasin's creed 1 , assasin's creed 2 , prototype , mass effect 2 , devil may cry 4
Q2 : can this graphic card run in low settings or medium : fifa 12 ; cod mw3 , skyrim , mass effect 3 , max payne 3 , assassin's creed revelation and brotherhood , battlefield3 , need for speed the run , need for speed hot pursuit and shift !
my specs :
Pentium dual core 3.4 ghz
2.75 gig or ram ddr2
HDD 500 gig
sapphire radeon hd 4550
PS: i'm gonna buy all this games from my friend :D pretty excited
17 answers Last reply
More about radeon 4550
  1. what's your psu?

and it will probably run those games on low/medium... depending on the resolution you set it at.

some of those games are CPU dependent too and might run slowly because of your dual core. (GTA and Masseffect 2 definitely on low/medium)
  2. killerhurtalot said:
    what's your psu?

and it will probably run those games on low/medium... depending on the resolution you set it at.

some of those games are CPU dependent too and might run slowly because of your dual core. (GTA and Masseffect 2 definitely on low/medium)

my psu is 280 watt and i've got pci express 1.0 that means that my psu give to the pci express slot only 25 watt maximum
  3. serginho said:
    Buy a new PC... I doubt games in Q2 even run!
    I Recommend a GTX 560 and more RAM.

No i can't afford a better pc :D
  4. killerhurtalot said:
    what's your psu?

I will set 1024x800 or 1280x800 can i run this games in low or medium ?
  5. Buy a new PC... I doubt games in Q2 even run!
    I Recommend a GTX 560 and more RAM.
  6. Ok then get ready for some frustration :)
  7. serginho said:
    Ok then get ready for some frustration :)

if i can run all those games in low settings i will be happy
  8. I think what you need is a xbox 360... which will probably run at higher settings than what you're going to play at...
  9. killerhurtalot said:
    I think what you need is a xbox 360... which will probably run at higher settings than what you're going to play at...

no i don't like consoles :D
  10. I suggest you look at this review. it lists several games to let you know what to expect. It falls even short of the old Geforce 86xx cards.

I would consider the 4550(4350 with DDR3) to be more of a HTPC video card. And it just gets by with that to be honest. Nicest thing is they can be found without a fan. Nice and quiet. I was board and tried some 1920 x 1200 gaming on a 4350. It was a bad idea. I almost felt like Intel's HD3000 was faster.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/HD_4550_passive/5.html

You will certainly have to keep the settings down.
  11. I had a 4350 before and it was good @ most 2000's games like NFS series untill NFS RUN (cpu overheats when I was trying to play that on too low :P)...but I think if 4550 equals to a 4350 then you cannot be able to play MW3, crysis 2, NFS run, Mass effect 3 and Skyrim even at lowest because 4350 was only good at playing videos and for very old games...Assassins creed and GTA 4 will run on low settings and very low resolutions (GTA 4 on 1024x768 or lower)
  12. pasanwc said:
    I had a 4350 before and it was good @ most 2000's games like NFS series untill NFS RUN (cpu overheats when I was trying to play that on too low :P)...but I think if 4550 equals to a 4350 then you cannot be able to play MW3, crysis 2, NFS run, Mass effect 3 and Skyrim even at lowest because 4350 was only good at playing videos and for very old games...Assassins creed and GTA 4 will run on low settings and very low resolutions (GTA 4 on 1024x768 or lower)

I'm gonna get the 5450 HD , 19 TDP max , direct 11 1 GB ddr3 , i've seeing some videos in youtube about this card and it's awesome it's handle all the games that i want on 1280x800 and medium or low , it's the perfect card for my 25 watt pci express 1.0 card
  13. I'm pretty sure the PCI-E slot is 75W regardless of the kind.

The 5450 is going to struggle with most of those games, then again if you get a faster graphics card then the computer is going to be holding you back. You may just want to wait for the cash for an upgrade.
  14. Yes 5450 is the bit upgraded version of the same 4350 so it won't make a big difference so atleast go for something like HD 6450 or Nvidia GT 430
  15. I would say go for the HD6570. Good card.
  16. A1: Nope

A2:You can run on low but not medium
  17. I have hd5450 and it is a very weak card.. but at 1024*800 it can still play any game at lowest setting. I am soon upgrading to an hd5570 and I suggest you buy it too.. atleast 3 times more powerful than hd5450 at a low price.!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards HD ATI Graphics Product