windows xp can't find any cd or dvd writers or roms

a b \ Driver
April 8, 2004 1:59:08 AM

I turned my pc on one day and my pc lost my cd/dvd drive,
I tried uninsyalling aand then reinstalling and then I get
a pop up message that "the drive in question has been
found but due an error in installation it may not work
properly". I also tried to use the add hardware wizard to
find it and it does show up in the device manager screen
but with a yellow balloon icon with a "!" in the balloon
and when you click on the cd/dvd device in question a
message comes up "Windows cannot start this hardware
device because it's configuration information(in the
registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)". I've
tested the drive in question on my other pc and it works
fine, I also retored the pc to the last known good
configuration and that didn't work also, all wires(IDE,
power, audio) have been swapped out with new ones just to
make sure it isn't a connection issue. If anyone has any
ideas for me to try I would appreciate it. "Thanks"
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 8, 2004 8:00:17 AM

did you check with microsoft for "code 19" ? Sounds like the typical "code
39". a high and low filter glitch. See kelly's korner or marfers notes at
www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

!