Is it possible to replace the graphics card for my Samsung RF511 laptop?

raheemdot

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hey guys,

I want to play games such as Skyrim, Far Cry etc. on my Samsung RF511, mostly cause of mods and stuff. I was wondering if you can replace the graphics card on Samsung's RF511 laptop, if you can which one would you guys recommend?! Thanks.

Please recommend a graphics card that is usable on the RF511 laptop (if any)

A quick google search indicates that the RF511 should come with the nvidia GT 540m .Unless there are models without a dedicated graphic card.

If your RF511 only relies on the Intel integrated graphics, then the logical assumption (which may not be 100% accurate) is that a nVidia GT540m might be installable. I say might since the MXM bay where the card is supposed to be installed can be blocked or missing.

Now for the real difficult part... laptop graphic cards are not sold to the general public. They are only sold to laptop OEMs like Samsung, Lenovo, HP, Dell... etc...

You'll have to try ebay since someone may have decided to "liberate" a nvidia GT 540m from the warehouse's inventory and sell it on ebay.

raheemdot

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Hey thanks man my computer came with Intel HD Family, just bought it recently. Can't find one on eBay so confused :??:

If you recently bought the laptop then perhaps there is still time to return it.

A nVidia GT 540m would only appear on ebay if someone actually manages to get their grubby little hands on the graphic card itself. However, as stated above, the motherboard may or may not able able to accept the GT 540m even if other models of the Samsung RF511 has a nvidia GT 540m.

If you cannot return the laptop for a refund, then you could consider selling it on ebay. You will not get full price for it so you need to able to accept maybe a $200 loss on the sale. It could be more than that since the warranty will not be transferred to the new owner.