Sign in with
Your question

Help with EVGA GTX 670. Getting red screen!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • EVGA
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 19, 2012 1:37:21 AM

Hello,

I need help with my EVGA GTX 670. I get a red screen during games. I get red screen during Spec Ops the line, BF3, Skyrim.

Please help!

More about : evga gtx 670 red screen

a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 2:34:10 AM

Check the EVGA forums they have firmware you can download, are you running the lastest Nvidia Drivers for the 660.
m
l
August 19, 2012 3:07:45 AM

redeemer said:
Check the EVGA forums they have firmware you can download, are you running the lastest Nvidia Drivers for the 660.
I just downloaded the drivers from the EVGA CD because they were already the latest drivers you could get. 301.42 I believe.
m
l
August 19, 2012 3:20:05 AM

YouJelly said:
I just downloaded the drivers from the EVGA CD because they were already the latest drivers you could get. 301.42 I believe.

305.68 are the most recent drivers, they are also WHQL. Try those.
m
l
August 19, 2012 3:31:26 AM

proxy711 said:
305.68 are the most recent drivers, they are also WHQL. Try those.
Nope, just checked the website. 301.42 is the latest.
Unless you want me to download the beta driver which is 305.68?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 4:09:23 AM

Try the beta. Uninstall all nvidia drivers from add/remove programs. Then go into safe mode, uninstall anything else nvidia that you couldn't uninstall in normal mode. Download driver cleaner pro or driver sweeper and clean with the Nvidia profile. Reboot into windows and then install the beta drivers see how they do.
m
l
August 20, 2012 12:13:42 AM

selayan said:
Try the beta. Uninstall all nvidia drivers from add/remove programs. Then go into safe mode, uninstall anything else nvidia that you couldn't uninstall in normal mode. Download driver cleaner pro or driver sweeper and clean with the Nvidia profile. Reboot into windows and then install the beta drivers see how they do.
Okay, I tried the beta drivers and now I get a black screen after around 20 minutes of using the PC.

The screen goes black for about 5 seconds then it comes back with an error message saying "Nvidia Driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered."

What do?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2012 12:51:25 AM

Hmm you may need to go back to the official drivers. You may have a defective card if going back to the original drivers doesn't help.
m
l
!