AWESOME!

No complaints from me! It works flawlessly. I registered with no problem and
have had no issues. I started playing right away with no lag. This is with a
P4 2.4Ghz CPU, 1 gig DDR memory PC3300, 256MB ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video
card.

I'm trying to convince the wife to let me preorder it for Father's Day!

Now, where's the BF2 newsgroup so we can get this OT stuff off of the BF1942
newsgroup?

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:50:24 -0400, "Andy in NJ" <ADMIN at FLOTSERVER
DOT NET> wrote:

>No complaints from me! It works flawlessly. I registered with no problem and
>have had no issues. I started playing right away with no lag. This is with a
>P4 2.4Ghz CPU, 1 gig DDR memory PC3300, 256MB ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video
>card.
>
>I'm trying to convince the wife to let me preorder it for Father's Day!
>
>Now, where's the BF2 newsgroup so we can get this OT stuff off of the BF1942
>newsgroup?

May I ask what brand the video card is and how much it cost you? All
the one's I saw on www.newegg.com were under a $100 and that does not
seem right...

My card cost me $200 and it will not run the demo...

Thanks

Moondog

Andrew

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 01:38:38 -0700, Moondog <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote:

> My card cost me $200 and it will not run the demo...

What card and when did you buy it? newegg are doing a 6600gt for $146
which plays the demo great.

>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 01:38:38 -0700, Moondog <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My card cost me $200 and it will not run the demo...
>
>What card and when did you buy it? newegg are doing a 6600gt for $146
>which plays the demo great.
Well Andy in NJ said he had a 256MB ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video
card. If thats what he was wondering. I bet that one cost over 275

Arguing on usenet is like competing in the special
olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

Andy in NJ wrote
>Now, where's the BF2 newsgroup so we can get this OT stuff off of the BF1942
>newsgroup?

alt.games.ea.battlefield - plenty of good content there at the moment.
check if your ISP carries the group, and if not, ask them to add it :)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:50:24 -0400, "Andy in NJ" <ADMIN at FLOTSERVER
> DOT NET> wrote:
>256MB ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video
>>card.
>
> May I ask what brand the video card is and how much it cost you? All
> the one's I saw on www.newegg.com were under a $100 and that does not
> seem right...
>
> My card cost me $200 and it will not run the demo...

See a couple lines up. If I remember correctly, I think I paid somewhere
around $75 for the video card.

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> alt.games.ea.battlefield - plenty of good content there at the moment.
> check if your ISP carries the group, and if not, ask them to add it :)

Thanks! I checked and sure enough they have it!

"Andy in NJ" <ADMIN at FLOTSERVER DOT NET> wrote in message
> See a couple lines up. If I remember correctly, I think I paid somewhere
> around $75 for the video card.

Just realized. I think I paid more like $125 for it.

Moondog left a note on my windscreen which said:

> May I ask what brand the video card is and how much it cost you? All
> the one's I saw on www.newegg.com were under a $100 and that does not
> seem right...
>
> My card cost me $200 and it will not run the demo...

You should be able to pick up a 9800 Pro for around $100. I bought one
a couple of weeks ago for a mere £90 on this side of the pond.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]