Sign in with
Your question

Need Advice on GTX 570 vs. GTX 660 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 19, 2012 5:33:51 AM

Hey folks, I'm pretty new to hardware so I'd love some input on this topic:

I'm down to picking a video card for my first-ever build. As you can see, I've currently selected a GTX 570 because I think it would do just fine to suit my needs. However, with the new GTX 660 ti cards for only $40-ish more, I'm rethinking my pick. The 660 ti's pretty much mop the floor with the 570's in damn near every way. The only thing the 570 has over the 660 ti is that the 570 is 256-bit and the 660 ti is 192-bit.

I really only have two restrictions: mostly used for graphic design work (with casual gaming), and a maximum budget of $300.

So in the end my question is basically this...am I correct in thinking that the 660 ti is better in every way other than the memory bandwidth? If so, would it really make a noticeable difference?

Thanks everyone! I appreciate any and all help and advice :) 

More about : advice gtx 570 gtx 660

a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 5:43:03 AM

GTX 660 TI is the better card
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 5:43:12 AM

is there a specific reason why your using a 3770k instead of a 3570k + a much better gpu?

edit: missed the graphic design partt. IMO the 660ti will still be better. the brandwith only hurts the 660ti's performance normally on anti-aliasing effects, but I would believe gaming wise, the keplers advancement past the fermi cards is more than enough fps changer to replace the loss of frames from anti aliasing.
m
l
Related resources
August 19, 2012 8:19:25 AM

any chance that "graphic design work" requires GPGPU?, because kepler (660ti) really fail at that
m
l
September 3, 2012 8:10:03 PM

Honestly, I would take the 7870 over the 660TI. The 660TI is a very unbalanced card (it is basically a chopped up 670). It can great framerates alot of the time, but often its minnimums are very low.
m
l
September 3, 2012 10:29:21 PM

cmegown said:

I'm down to picking a video card for my first-ever build. As you can see, I've currently selected a GTX 570 because I think it would do just fine to suit my needs. However, with the new GTX 660 ti cards for only $40-ish more, I'm rethinking my pick. The 660 ti's pretty much mop the floor with the 570's in damn near every way. The only thing the 570 has over the 660 ti is that the 570 is 256-bit and the 660 ti is 192-bit.

I really only have two restrictions: mostly used for graphic design work (with casual gaming), and a maximum budget of $300.

So in the end my question is basically this...am I correct in thinking that the 660 ti is better in every way other than the memory bandwidth? If so, would it really make a noticeable difference?

Get the 660Ti, its much better than GTX 570. All benchmarks in all games showed that already.
m
l
November 9, 2012 8:25:09 AM

cmegown said:

GTX570 is a better Card, I also do 3D Rendering with BenderCycles and OctaneRender. GTX6** series are bad for Double Precision GPGPU, they only excel on SinglePrecision which is games. But Lets hope the will be new Support on our software to help lagging Kepler Cards for computing. I bought GTX660ti but it performed like my GTX550 on BlenderCycles. so I sold it. I will get me GTX570 very soon.
m
l
!