First gaming build 1000-1200$ Canada

chadk24

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Within the next 2 weeks

Budget Range: $1000 -1200 WITH shipping and 15% TAX (Quebec taxes suck) (slight difference in price is o.k. Also if something is not essential I can buy it in about a month when I have more money.)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (like most people on here), Web browsing, SOME photoshop

Are you buying a monitor: Yes (In a month)

Parts to Upgrade: None

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NCIX (Canada) Newegg (Canada) Tigerdirect (Canada) or any site that ships to Canada.

Parts Preferences: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (A MUST)
Prefferably nothing that is much different from this build http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/k3Fh

Overclocking: Yes /Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Possibly in the future

Your Monitor Resolution: Will be using a 32in samsung 720p TV untill I buy monitor (Would like a good inexpensive 1920x1080 or better)

Additional Comments: This is mostly verifying that the parts I chose will work well together or any recommendations on parts to switch. I would also like a good case with USB 3.0 (I know the Haf912 doesn't have but people have recommended it before and everything I have read is positive.) And if there is a better Motherboard with thunderbolt SLI/CrossFire for about the same price let me know(prefferably AsRock or Asus)

Thanks in advance.

chadk24

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

Thanks for the input. But I think ill stay away from OCZ SSDs everything I've read on them tells me to that they are not that great. The samsung one I chose had a bunch of positive feedback. For the case you chose I would prefer something a little more pleasant to look at especially at that price range. That graphics card is really expensive and looking at the benchmarks doesnt offer much better performance to justify the price. Thanks for your help

i dont see why you wouldnt get the vertex 4. its based off of marvel hardware with ocz firmware for more speed (look at a crucial m4 and you will see how reliable those are)

what? how does a 7970 not justify its price. it performs better than a gtx680 and look at those prices

TRENDING THREADS