Sign in with
Your question

Anyone have Micro ATX / Mini ITX gaming pc builds?

Last response: in Systems
October 12, 2012 1:59:24 AM

I wanted to see what builds people have for these. It seems really cool to have an i5 and a gtx 660 in a small build for gaming, or an A6/A8 with no video card for an HTPC. Two different builds/perspectives but I've been curious how well the A6 handles 1080p video / basic tasks compared to the A8, and people's problems with the i5/i7 and powerful video cards in small cases, mainly temperatures and fan noise...
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
a c 196 U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 2:35:35 AM

One of my builds is a Micro ATX, and I actually don't own a full ATX size motherboard. Even my main computer has a Micro ATX board.

My build is a bit older, but it has the best 3DMark11 score of all the computers I own. Here' s what I have in it:

CPU: Pheonom II 965BE @3.4
Mobo: Asus M4A785-M AM2+
GPU: HIS Radeon 6950 reference-unlocked shaders
RAM: 4GB Wintec AMP-X DDR2-800
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster N520
Boot drive: Western Digital Caviar LE 200GB
Storage drive: Seagate 320GB,
Sound card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
Case: NZXT Vulcan
Optical drives: Asus 24X IDE DVD-RW
PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W Continuous
Accessories: Altec Lansing Speakers, Logitech gaming mouse, HP keyboard
Network: Netgear 300MB/s Wireless adapter
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 912N

Some of the stuff was used when I first ever built a computer, that being the board and the 965BE, as well as the CPU fan and the Radeon HD6950. The hard drives were just leftovers. I used the NZXT case for a very very long time until I got my current case, which is the Antec Sonata. I did have my 2500K in that case on my MSI board I have in my signature.

You can build a much better M-ATX build today, but I would highly recommend that case that I picked. Has very good lighting and airflow. Also, it can fit large CPU coolers, like the 212 Plus. The reason this build has a CM N520 is because its a shorter cooler than the 212 Plus. Before, I had to fit this computer in a different case, the CM Elite 343 or something. I've got another M-ATX build, but this one is with much older parts:

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz
Mobo: A8M2N-LA
GPU: BFG 8600GT 512mb
RAM: 4GB DDR2-800 Wintec AMP-X
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9000
Boot drive: 120GB Seagate 2.5"
Case: CoolerMaster Elite 343
Optical drives: Lite-on IDE DVD-RW
PSU: CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus 500W
Accessories: Logitech G110, Kensington mouse
Network: Linksys Compact Wireless G USB Adapter
Display: NEC LCD1712

I use alot of spare parts in my computers. The RAM is carryover from my rig above, and I bought the 8600GT for like $35. I do like the M-ATX form factor. I like the smaller case size especially for LAN parties. This build is much older, but it still gets the job done in terms of light gaming.

Well, there's my M-ATX builds.

m
l
!