Solved

Computer final overview

Hello,
I have set up a shopping list for all the components i will need to build my first gaming computer, and i wanted to check that these are all compatible and good enough to be a high-end gaming rig.
System specs:

Cooler master storm trooper case

Corsair 850w power supply

16gb gskill ripjaws ram

ASUS rampage IV formula motherboard

2 120mm front fans, 1 140mm rear fan, 1 200mm top fan

Intel i5-3570k processor

Galaxy geforce GTX 680 4gb

ASUS 24x DVD burner

128gb ocz vertex ssd

I don't plan on doing any overclocking, but i don't know if the stock fans are enough or if i should get extra. There are 2 120mm slots on the top and bottom, so if i need them i can install them.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer final overview
  1. Get 8GB, a 650w PSU, and a 670.
  2. Best answer
    The stock fans would be fine if you're not OCing. CM cases tend to be great at cooling.
    I hope that's the Vertex 4.
    +1 on the 670. The 680 is a very overpriced card, it performs relatively close to the 670.
    +1 on the 8gb of RAM as well. You don't need 16 for gaming, 8gb is actually plenty already.
    500-550w PSU if you're using only 1 GPU. 650w if you're planning to add another in the future.
  3. You were right about the 670(i'm not paying $100 more for a meager 5.5% performance increase!), but are you sure that 650w is enough? One of my friends said that it could use 850w, is that true?
  4. Alright, thanks for the help!
  5. Best answer selected by slinger4.
  6. Yes, and your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.
    The only GPU that would need 850w when 2-way Crossfired is the 7970 GHz Edition.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Systems