Which is better?

Ok, for the past couple months, I've been doing research to build my own first gaming computer. I have 2 lists of specs.
My budget, max, for computer parts only, is 1200 MAX.
My uses: Gaming, Internet, thats it.
Do I need a monitor? yup but that's for christmas, so no worries there.
Do I need to buy an OS: Yes, getting W7 OEM and not happy about it. (expensive, mofo >-<)

Here's part list number one:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20537565

Here's part list number 2:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=25383067


I need to know these things: 1: which one is better? 2: can I make this cheaper without decreasing performance (I'm attached to the case, so not that.)? if not, I want this computer to run BF3, Borderlands 2, Crysis 2, etc, at all maxed out settings, full screen, 1080p, with at least 45 fps, min. and if THIS build isnt goode enough for that, I'll deal with it. thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about which better
  1. Booneford said:
    Ok, for the past couple months, I've been doing research to build my own first gaming computer. I have 2 lists of specs.
    My budget, max, for computer parts only, is 1200 MAX.
    My uses: Gaming, Internet, thats it.
    Do I need a monitor? yup but that's for christmas, so no worries there.
    Do I need to buy an OS: Yes, getting W7 OEM and not happy about it. (expensive, mofo >-<)

    Here's part list number one:

    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20537565

    Here's part list number 2:

    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=25383067


    I need to know these things: 1: which one is better? 2: can I make this cheaper without decreasing performance (I'm attached to the case, so not that.)? if not, I want this computer to run BF3, Borderlands 2, Crysis 2, etc, at all maxed out settings, full screen, 1080p, with at least 45 fps, min. and if THIS build isnt goode enough for that, I'll deal with it. thanks.


    I don't really have time to look over those two lists in detail. They both have the same cpu and gpu though. I can say right off the bat that there are better GPU's out there for your money. For instance the 7870 is often $215 or $220 and is roughly equal to a 660 Ti.
  2. Booneford said:
    Ok, for the past couple months, I've been doing research to build my own first gaming computer. I have 2 lists of specs.
    My budget, max, for computer parts only, is 1200 MAX.
    My uses: Gaming, Internet, thats it.
    Do I need a monitor? yup but that's for christmas, so no worries there.
    Do I need to buy an OS: Yes, getting W7 OEM and not happy about it. (expensive, mofo >-<)

    Here's part list number one:

    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20537565

    Here's part list number 2:

    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=25383067


    I need to know these things: 1: which one is better? 2: can I make this cheaper without decreasing performance (I'm attached to the case, so not that.)? if not, I want this computer to run BF3, Borderlands 2, Crysis 2, etc, at all maxed out settings, full screen, 1080p, with at least 45 fps, min. and if THIS build isnt goode enough for that, I'll deal with it. thanks.

    Sorry I forgot to add in links at first xd please tell me if the links don't work
  3. CaptainTom said:
    I don't really have time to look over those two lists in detail. They both have the same cpu and gpu though. I can say right off the bat that there are better GPU's out there for your money. For instance the 7870 is often $215 or $220 and is roughly equal to a 660 Ti.

    can you link me to it? (2 GB) i SUCK at navigating newegg.
  4. And I REALLLLYYY want PhysX, I adore Borderlands 2.

    Please..
  5. I took your advice and went with radeon 7870 2GB, was like 256 bucks. I might put 2 of them n crossfire later, or something. Can I run BF3/crysis2/skyrim/borderlands 2 all maxed out settings still? Atm: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20537565
  6. reeeaaalllly gotta sleep here soon. .-.
    guise.
    help mi out here.
    guise.
    stahp.
  7. Booneford said:
    can you link me to it? (2 GB) i SUCK at navigating newegg.


    I don't have a link because they are all out of stock lol! Just keep your ear to the ground. Usually every weeks a model that cheap is in stock and then it sells out in a day.

    Otherwise I recommend a GTX 660 if you have to get nvidia (Though I hate it when people are biased).

    P.S. I play BL2 on 2 AMD graphics cards and I can run physx with playable frame rates. It just isn't worth the performance hit. Even when I had a 560 ti I thought the performance hit wasn't worth using it...
  8. Booneford said:
    I took your advice and went with radeon 7870 2GB, was like 256 bucks. I might put 2 of them n crossfire later, or something. Can I run BF3/crysis2/skyrim/borderlands 2 all maxed out settings still? Atm: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20537565


    If you did already but it then my previous post might not help. Yeah it will max out all of those with 30+ FPS.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Computer Systems