Little Nvidia GTX 560 Ti problem.

Example when i go to the game in Battlefield 3, when i spawn it starts to make little "freeze spikes" or something like that. Is is normal when my GPU is running the game like sometimes smooth and sometimes not? I had this problem when i got this GPU (3 weeks ago). It is normal when my GPU temperature is 75C at full load with case open? Idle 30C. Should my GPU load the textures at start of the game? I got Mini-Tower ASUS case.

PC specs:

CPU: Intel i3-2120 3,3GHz.
RAM: 6GB DDR3.
GPU: ASUS Nvidia GTX 560 Ti.
PSU: Corsair CX500, 500W.

Windows 7 64 Bit.

I got Nvidia driver 301.42.

I know these are a little problems, but i wan't to know that my GPU is working like it should.

Sorry if my english is bad. :/
28 answers Last reply
More about little nvidia problem
  1. 75c under load is fine, what is the temp with the case closed?
  2. With case closed it's like 80-90C. :/
  3. My 560Ti's have been running @+81c since April last year and they haven't gone pop yet. If you are that concerned then it might be time to invest in a bigger case with better ventilation.
  4. I agree, but what about my "freeze spikes" problem? :)
  5. well ah update it to 304.79 driver
  6. Beta version? :o
  7. yes its beta version and contains more support for 500 and 400 generation cards
  8. I don't know but i can't install it? It says i can't install is to this Windows version. :(
  9. ops sorry my mistake u have 64 bit window 7 and 304.79 only
    this http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-304.79-beta-driver.html
  10. What settings are you trying to play on?
  11. monu_08 said:
    ops sorry my mistake u have 64 bit window 7 and 304.79 only
    this http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-304.79-beta-driver.html

    The latest driver is 305.53, 305.67 needs a modified .inf file to work with the 560Ti.
  12. Mousemonkey said:
    The latest driver is 305.53, 305.67 needs a modified .inf file to work with the 560Ti.



    what is that .inf file
  13. So i will download the 305.53?
  14. Sunius said:
    What settings are you trying to play on?


    This. What resolution and settings are you trying. BF3 is a demanding game and playing multiplayer, your i3 might be a bottleneck too.
  15. Is this driver work with ASUS branded GPU? And why is this Evga site? :o
  16. mayur_99 said:
    what is that .inf file


    Its the .inf file that is in every driver that tells the system what cards to recognise.
  17. I read something about Intel i3-2120 3,3GHz, and it's not bottlenecking my GPU.

    Okay, i'm playing Bf3 with 1920x1080 resolution and high settings.
  18. reissumies said:
    Is this driver work with ASUS branded GPU? And why is this Evga site? :o

    The driver will work with every brand of Nvidia GPU's. :pfff:
  19. It works very well but sometimes it gets "freeze spikes", but i have seen improvement when i downloaded the 304.79 beta. Is the 305.53 really a Nvidia's official driver? :)
  20. reissumies said:
    It works very well but sometimes it gets "freeze spikes", but i have seen improvement when i downloaded the 304.79 beta. Is the 305.53 really a Nvidia's official driver? :)

    It works on my cards.
  21. reissumies said:
    Any viruses there because i don't have any anti-virus programs? :/

    I've never had a problem with files from here:- http://www.guru3d.com/news/nvidia-geforce-30553-xp-vista-and-7/
  22. Any viruses there because i don't have any anti-virus programs? :/
  23. I can't find that driver in Nvidia's site?
  24. Sry i'm little exact to what i download. :P
  25. reissumies said:
    I read something about Intel i3-2120 3,3GHz, and it's not bottlenecking my GPU.

    Okay, i'm playing Bf3 with 1920x1080 resolution and high settings.



    Can try turning down the settings or resolution a bit and see if it clears up. If it does, it could be you're just maxing the card out. BF3 is a pretty demanding game. When you say it does it sometimes, does it seem to do it on more maps other than others.
  26. by "freeze spikes" he could mean he's getting artifacting? is the GPU overclocked at all?
  27. It works very well with those setting.
  28. It's not artifacting, it's hard to explain. It's kind of my GPU is loading textures while in game. My GPU is not overclocked.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia GPUs Games Graphics