For professional work + gaming , which one would you recommend ? AMD o

I am a Game Designer and 3D visualizer who works on Max, Maya, Sketchup, Autocad, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator and a lot of biased and unbiased rendering software.
Right now am using a machine with stats :
Processor : AMD Bulldozer FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor
Memory : Corsair 8192MB(Speed - 1600mhz )
Mother Board : Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Monitor : Dell U2312HM with DP port
Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Disk Drive : ST3500418AS ATA Device(465GB, IDE)
Disk Drive : WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1 ATA Device(931GB, IDE)
Disk Drive : WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1 ATA Device(931GB, IDE)
Disk Drive : ST350041 8AS USB Device(465GB, USB)

As there was no Graphic memory already present on the board , I am presently using my old graphic card 9400 GT.

I am a game designer to without fail I have to play all the new games coming up + I have to do the work too. Going through Quadro and Firepro ,
GTX and Raedon series am completely unable to judge which combination would be best. Motherboard has 2 SLI/ CrossFireX slots.

Which card would you recommend for the work ?
3 answers Last reply
More about professional work gaming recommend
  1. depending on the program, id suggest the quadro 4000 or the firepro v7900. it all depends on the support of the programs you use
  2. The new FirePro W8000 looks promising although it still needs some driver improvement.

So if you want to play games and render videos why you don't get a FirePro (or Quadro) AND a Radeon (or GTX) instead of doing SLI/CFX, you will get more performance in both areas than going SLI and trying to render images, or going PRO and trying to play games.
  3. after some driver updates the w8000 should do a great job.

take note that a quadro k5000 will be out by the end of the year and performs much better than the quadro 6000. your call if you want to wait or not
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Disk Drive Graphics