1.2k Ultra gaming build, woot

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: right after christmas. (dec. 25th)

Budget Range: 1000 - 1300 ( preferably 1200 on the dot if you can manage)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Internet, Maybe a movie here and there

Are you buying a monitor: No, getting mine for christmas

Parts to Upgrade: All of them.

Do you need to buy OS: Yup. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg and newegg only.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - I live in Paint lick, Kentucky, USA

Parts Preferences: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20537565 (if that link doesnt work tell me and i'll fix it)

Overclocking: Yes, just a little

SLI or Crossfire: No, but maybe later on ill add another card. maybe.

Your Monitor Resolution: Uhm. standard? I don't really know, but I'll be getting like a 150 ish monitor, around 22 inches, if that helps.

Additional Comments: I'm attached to my case, so please don't change that. I really want to be able to run BF3, Crysis 2, Borderlands 2, and Skyrim, maybe CoD, etc, and all maxed out, full screen, high res, 1080p, if possible. with at least 40 steady fps.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My current laptop specs: W7 home premium 64 bit, 1.5 ghz crappy intel processor, integrated graphics, 200 Gb hdd. it was 200 dollars like 5 years ago, nuff said. I can't play minecraft on min. settings with more than 8 fps. /suicide. I recently posted something, but it was unorganized and I got very little help from it. thanks.

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

Is the link working? lol.

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

hmmm... i really don't wanna spend this much. is there anything inbetween? :/ if not that's fine, jw

Booneford

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Ok let me put it this way:
I have 1500, need the rest for monitor/keyboard/mouse/mousepad/speakers (i dont mind cheaping out on the speakers, sound is sound to me.) so with this, lets say my monitor is 150. 1200 + 150 = 1350. mouse = 50. =1400. keyboard - 50. 1450. mousepag, 20 - 1470 speakers, 20 = 1490. plus shipping. that leaves me aweful close, man (btw, just found out i gotta get a new desk, so thats for christmas and the rest of this *** is payed for by me and me alone)

First of all, that's a LOT of bumping.

Second of all, you've got weird priorities. There are basically two categories for mice and keyboards - ~$100 enthusiast keyboards / flashy gaming mice, and ~$20 solid performance but no fancy features. Spending about 50 on either will get you flashy with gimicky features and bad performance.

Personally, I'd take that budget and get a mechanical keyboard - it makes a big difference in games and in typing. Then I'd get a decent 5-button mouse. I personally like the Intellimouse Explorer and the Comfort 6000.

You could do the reverse, and a lot of people do so, but honestly? The performance of a gaming mouse, aside from a few features, will be no better than a decent mouse. You're never going to use more than 2000 MAX dpi in a game - it's a sales gimmick.