A $5 case chinese??

songorocosongo

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
My long time best friend likes to buy things cheap from chinese vendors all the time, most are replicas. I like to support local economy but everytime I buy a computer component it's made in China, Taiwan, Indonesia, etc. So either way I'm supporting their economy and then we buy all that stuff overpriced.

But back to the question, what are your thoughts on this case and the price?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/wholesale-price-free-shipping-3000-computer-case-game-computer-case-line-computer-case-tower-computer-case/418388_755752948.html

Azn Cracker

Distinguished

It seems like a hit or miss on that site. You are not actually buying items from aliexpress, you are buying from 3rd party merchants. It's kind of like ebay. Im sure many of the merchants on the site are honest , but a lot of them seem to be scammers as well. A $5 case just looks sketchy. The metal used to make the case would cost that much. When you factor in the factory, the labor, and the shipping, the cost would far exceed $5. If you do take a chance and buy the case anyways, use a prepaid debit card or a virtual credit card so they can't steal more than just $5 from you.