Sign in with
Your question

Getting a new card, worried about NVIDIA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 4:07:30 PM

So I've had an ASUS GTX 460 1GB for about a year now, and when I updated the driver yesterday it still worked out fine. I turned off my computer to do some work on the inside, and the monitor didn't receive any connection. I'm now working through the processors graphics. Now I'm thinking about getting a new card if this happens with NVIDIA. Should I be worried, or should I be okay staying with NVIDIA?

More about : card worried nvidia

a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 4:21:08 PM

You shouldn't be worried. If Nvidia was that bad, the company would be down for a long time. Sometimes it is called buyers luck. No company is perfect :( . Nvidia is fine :) 

- Fastreaction
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 4:28:15 PM

WHAT? This post makes no sense whatsoever, obviously USER error.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 4:29:19 PM

Quote:
I turned off my computer to do some work on the inside, and the monitor didn't receive any connection.

What "work" did you do?

Perhaps you just need to remove the video card and reseat it. Or the power isn't connected 100% - make sure it's connected good.
Or did you vacuum the computer and fry the card? Or bump it...
m
l
August 19, 2012 4:42:15 PM

as above mentioned, just check all the cables ;) 

best
revro
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 4:44:23 PM

It was the driver. I unistalled the driver, put the card back in, and it works like a charm now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2012 4:50:37 PM

Before you boot up windows the GPU driver has nothing to do with how it's working. So it wasn't the drivers fault reseating it is what fixed it for you. Either way it's good that it's working again.
m
l
August 19, 2012 5:09:43 PM

just because something goes bad dosent mean the company is, ive been using Nvidia since 2000 never a problem that WASNT caused by me. :p 
m
l
!