Sign in with
Your question

Is it safe to keep adjusting fan speeds ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 19, 2012 4:59:20 PM

Is it safe for me to manually increase my GPU fan speed to 60% while gaming and stuff, and when I'm done to put it back on manual? I have a HD 6870 btw.
August 19, 2012 5:10:26 PM

If you want to manually adjiust your fan, you should also monitor your temps to make sure your manual adjustment works IMO.

Maybe you could just tweak a fan curve a bit, if that's an option for your card, if you know better how to keep the fan speed lower or higher in typical gaming scenarios for less noise or better cooling.
August 19, 2012 5:26:10 PM

michaeljhuman said:
If you want to manually adjiust your fan, you should also monitor your temps to make sure your manual adjustment works IMO.

Maybe you could just tweak a fan curve a bit, if that's an option for your card, if you know better how to keep the fan speed lower or higher in typical gaming scenarios for less noise or better cooling.

Yea I been monitoring it while I change it manually and it helps quite a bit but the thing is I dont want the fan running that loud when Im just browsing or anything besides gaming so is it safe to just change it while gaming and change it back to automatic while im off?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
August 19, 2012 5:38:26 PM

Get MSI Afterburner and make your own fan profile. Easy to do and you can monitor temps and speed.
-Bruce
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
August 19, 2012 8:38:53 PM

If you want to get MSI Afterburner, you can go and set like a fan curve so it automatically change the fanspeed if you are playing a game.
!