New Computer Build for Gaming and Designing.

h3llkill3r

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
-Approximate Purchase Date: in 2 weeks time.

-System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, 3D Modelling and CAD Design. Web Developing, Web Design, and a few move editing.

-Do you need to buy OS: have already purchased windows 7 professional 64-bit

-Overclocking: probably a little bit the cpu.

-SLI or Crossfire: maybe in future.

-Additional Comments: The most software I'm going to run are AutoCAD 2012, Inventor 2012, Dreamweaver CS6, Photoshop CS6, Catia 3D and Pro/Engineer.

So this is the list of the whole computer.

http://213.165.186.254/daniel/PC.jpg

What do you think of the system above for my usage?

Thanks before hand.

G

I think a 750W would be enough for dual GPU, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't have much else to suggest but I'm just wondering, would that CPU cooler get in the way of the Memory? You might want to get the low profile version.

h3llkill3r

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I think a 750W would be enough for dual GPU, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't have much else to suggest but I'm just wondering, would that CPU cooler get in the way of the Memory? You might want to get the low profile version.

I am getting the 850W one just to be safe. And thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for some pictures and than decide whether I get lower ram or maybe change the cpu cooler.

Out of curiosity, why are you getting a 250GB laptop hard drive?

The 250GB is only going to store CAD drawings and 3D models. I already have 2x500GB WD hard drives and thinking of using them in RAID 0.

ram1009

Distinguished
Get the biggest QUALITY PSU you can afford. I SERIOUSLY doubt you will find any satisfactory video card(s) for both gaming and 3d CAD work. If you do I'd like to know about it. The drivers are simply diametrically opposed to each other.

h3llkill3r

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Get the biggest QUALITY PSU you can afford. I SERIOUSLY doubt you will find any satisfactory video card(s) for both gaming and 3d CAD work. If you do I'd like to know about it. The drivers are simply diametrically opposed to each other.

Well with 3D I am not going to draw the world. I am currently studying to be a CNC machinist so I do not need high 3D performance. Example of drawings that I may draw is moulds for plastic injection and than draw parts like this for jet engines( http://213.165.186.254/daniel/CAD.jpg ).

seems very wasteful IMO
1. way too much case
2. sabertooth is way overpriced
3. low profile vengeance is cheaper AND doesnt get in the way
4. as others have said 750w is plenty for your needs
5. What are you doing with that sandybridge CPU? With the money your dropping get a 3770k
6. If the evo 212 isnt enough for you go Noctua all day all week
7. All that money and your gonna get a cheaply branded GPU? Grab a XFX, HIS, Sapphire, ASUS, or Gigabyte. Or with the money i just saved you elsewhere upgrade to a 7970.
8. I understand you only need 250 gigs but why not get a 3.5" 250 gig harddrive? Will be much cheaper.

1&2. Temperatures in my country goes high especially in summer and as I am going to use this pc for games too(maybe lans to), I thought for a good cooling that's why I maybe choose that case. For the motherboard I'm thinking of getting http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z77%20Professional/ and spend the money on the cpu and maybe the gpu.

4. I'll get a 750W one :)
5. I saw some reviews and there is not a big difference. I will consider to get the 3770k :)
7. I built several gaming pc's for my friends with powercolor gpu's and never had any problems at all.
8. As regards to the 250GB hard drive I am getting a 3.5" one as I didn't saw the size of the HDD in the picture.
9. Well VAT is 18%...

TRENDING THREADS