Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Better cpu for gaming, budget wise

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 24, 2013 8:44:50 PM

i was wondering if i should get an i5 3350p http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... or an FX-8150 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....
I plan on using a 7850 or 7870 and am planning on playing modern games at a decent FPS, which is better? I dont plan on OCing, and wont be using any video editing programs. Dont really care about the other parts since i doubt they would matter with the CPU. ( i realize the two use different motherboards of course )
Thanks.

More about : cpu gaming budget wise

a c 103 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2013 8:48:32 PM

3350P is much better avoid AMD CPUs the second no is 1 ie x1xx
m
0
l
Related resources
August 31, 2013 5:12:40 AM

AMD CPUs consume more power than Intel CPUs but performance wise, AMD is a wise choice.
In this case i5 3350p consumes 77 W from your PSU.
I'm from India and this CPU costs about 13k INR compared to which AMD FX 8350 is much efficient and comes with a 8 Core 4 GHz clock speed CPU but consumes 125 W.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 6:56:36 AM

Bubun Karmakar said:
AMD CPUs consume more power than Intel CPUs but performance wise, AMD is a wise choice.
In this case i5 3350p consumes 77 W from your PSU.
I'm from India and this CPU costs about 13k INR compared to which AMD FX 8350 is much efficient and comes with a 8 Core 4 GHz clock speed CPU but consumes 125 W.


Did you just call the 8350 "efficient" ? LOL, in which universe? It doesn't matter if it has 8 cores or that it has 4ghz of clock speed...it still suck..The clear choice here is the i5..Less power draw, more efficient, 4 cores with 4 threads (more than enough for gaming). If you're gonna come here to suggest people amd just cause you're a fanboy and you want people to have a bad experience than please leave.
m
0
l
August 31, 2013 8:03:15 AM

IAmSnowy said:
Bubun Karmakar said:
AMD CPUs consume more power than Intel CPUs but performance wise, AMD is a wise choice.
In this case i5 3350p consumes 77 W from your PSU.
I'm from India and this CPU costs about 13k INR compared to which AMD FX 8350 is much efficient and comes with a 8 Core 4 GHz clock speed CPU but consumes 125 W.


Did you just call the 8350 "efficient" ? LOL, in which universe? It doesn't matter if it has 8 cores or that it has 4ghz of clock speed...it still suck..The clear choice here is the i5..Less power draw, more efficient, 4 cores with 4 threads (more than enough for gaming). If you're gonna come here to suggest people amd just cause you're a fanboy and you want people to have a bad experience than please leave.


^Dude, calm down.
I know what I am saying, I have reasons to justify my answer.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-8350+Eig...

I agree that this FX 8350 consumes much power but no i5 processor or even a couple of few i7 processors are unable to cope up with this FX 8350 CPU.

Just because you have your obsession towards Intel CPUs doesn't mean we all need to agree with whatever you're saying and I'm not a fanboy of AMD. I'm here to help out people at least I'm trying to. I need to learn a lot of things though. :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 16, 2013 12:04:59 AM

First off the TDP that you guys are talking about is heat dissipation not power consumption, and second the mentioned i5 is better plain and simple. Before Intel fanboy accusations get thrown around my current rig is an FX 6300 and a Radeon HD 7870
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
October 16, 2013 4:04:31 AM

rishiswaz said:
First off the TDP that you guys are talking about is heat dissipation not power consumption, and second the mentioned i5 is better plain and simple. Before Intel fanboy accusations get thrown around my current rig is an FX 6300 and a Radeon HD 7870

Intel CPUs do perform better and they use less juice therefore emitting less heat. However, YOU have the best all-around gaming CPU on the market right now. The FX-6300 is the CPU that will not bottleneck any current game into unplayability and will continue to not bottleneck any game in the foreseeable future because of the 6 cores. At $120, that is THE BEST choice for a gaming rig because the only CPUs that Intel has in that price bracket are i3's which get positively STOMPED by the FX-6300 in gaming because unlike the dual-core i3's, the FX-6300 doesn't run out of cores or cache. Intel has no CPUs that perform at the FX-6300's level. They are either low-end i5's which are much more powerful (and expensive) or the said i3's which lack the gaming punch in BF3 and BF4 because of their two cores. The FX-6300 is in the unique position that it won't cause a serious bottleneck and it doesn't cost a fortune to own. The savings of the FX-6300 vs. the Intel i5-3350P (cheapest i5) is about $60. That's enough to turn an HD 7790 1GB into an HD 7870XT 2GB. I can guarantee you that the i5 with the HD 7790 loses to the FX-6300 with the HD7870XT every single time. THAT is what makes a great gaming CPU. Having enough performance to stay out of the GPU's way but being cheap enough that one can maximize the GPU that they're buying. Here's what I'm talking about, you have about $300, you need a CPU and a GPU. Here are your choices:
CPUs:
AMD FX-6300 - $120:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Intel i5-3350P - $180
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
GPUs:
HIS Radeon HD 7790 1GB - $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition - $150
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Powercolor Radeon HD 7870XT (HD 7930) 2GB MYST Edition - $180
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB - $210
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Now if you had $350, you could get the i5 and the HD 7850. of course that wouldn't matter because you'd still lose to the FX-6300 with the Radeon HD 7870XT but even worse, at that budget level, with the FX-6300 you're now looking at a Radeon HD 7950 3GB! That perfect little sweet spot is where AMD placed the FX-6300 and that is why I always recommend it for a gaming build.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 16, 2013 9:33:19 AM

The CPU in terms of performance may be better but the Intel ecosystem is in my opinion far more robust than any options available for AMD. Compare the Z77 an Z87 ASUS Sabercat or ROG motherboards to their AMD counterparts, the difference is huge. With the Intel he could pop the CPU into a Z77 board and upgrade later to an unlocked SKU later and still have all of those good features.
m
0
l
!