DVD/CD-ROM Drives don't work

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have a HP Pavilion - running Windows XP -
for some reason, all of a sudden, my CD/DVD drives
don't work and don't show up on anything except
in the Device Manager, and there they have yellow
exclamation marks and say they won't start because they
will make Window unstable. I have tried deleting &
reinstalling, they won't update because they say they
are the most recent, but they won't work. There has got
to be an easy way to fix this. . .

They are a Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-8000 & HP CD-Writer cd16f -
they worked fine, literally, until one day I tried to take some
files off my computer and put them on the CD - now they
don't do anything. . .

Any help is appreciated!

--
Christi
Stampin' Up! Representative
>^,,^< >^,,^< >^,,^< >^,,^<

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Try this link and see if it helps..
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

"Christi Conley" <WickedOne9@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I have a HP Pavilion - running Windows XP -
> for some reason, all of a sudden, my CD/DVD drives
> don't work and don't show up on anything except
> in the Device Manager, and there they have yellow
> exclamation marks and say they won't start because they
> will make Window unstable. I have tried deleting &
> reinstalling, they won't update because they say they
> are the most recent, but they won't work. There has got
> to be an easy way to fix this. . .
>
> They are a Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-8000 & HP CD-Writer cd16f -
> they worked fine, literally, until one day I tried to take some
> files off my computer and put them on the CD - now they
> don't do anything. . .
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> --
> Christi
> Stampin' Up! Representative
> Art Without Anxiety
> www.ArtWithoutAnxiety.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks!
That worked !!!!

--
Christi