Hi All,

I decided to build my very first PC and bought these parts:

Silverstone Milo ML03B Micro ATX
Asus M5A78L-M lxv2
AMD Sempron 145
2GB Corsair DDR3
500W Storm LPJ19-25 Silent
1TB Samsung HD103SJ

After putting everything together without testing I first it seemed to power up but I would get no video output. I opened it all up turned it on again and it seems that all the fans and hard drive have power.

I have been reading through other people's threads about the same issues but haven't been able to find any solutions.

I have other spare parts trying a different Mobo and processor but still the same outcome. I don't get any beeps to let me know anything is wrong but it will beep if I take the memory module out completely.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Domh87

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Yes direct VGA to VGA, I have tried it on a widescreen xerox monitor and my tv. Will it because the are both widescreen?

Wolfshadw

Titan
No. Widescreen monitors should work just like 4:3 aspect ratio monitors. Two possibilities that I see here:

1) Bad VGA cable. If you can borrow one from a friend (or have a spare) try a different cable.
2) Bad VGA on the motherboard. Check to see if you can borrow a graphics card from a friend (if you don't have a spare around). Install it, connect it to the monitor using the VGA cable (you may need a DVI to VGA adapter) and see if you get an image.

-Wolf sends