Sign in with
Your question

Strange anomaly with my rig

Last response: in Systems
October 12, 2012 4:12:56 PM

Hi there,

I've been having issues with my rig and I'm not quite sure what's going on. When I get into games, the games generally stay at a healthy 60fps. The problem is that I get this strange jitter/stutter/hitch. I'm not really sure what to call it, but It's quite the headache. I mainly play WoW and Diablo 3 (both of which are on an ssd). The problem persists however on games like Skyrim, CS:GO, Crysis 2, TF2, etc.

I'm kind of at my wit's end as temps are fine, I have switched cards, ram, cleaned drivers, and moved games onto different drives. Is this possibly a PSU issue? I'm not overclocking anything, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any help? I would deeply appreciate it.

Specs

i5 2400 (cooled by a corsair h40)
evga Gtx 570
Asus P8z68
OCZ 750W ZT PSU (80+ cert bronze)
8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

More about : strange anomaly rig

October 12, 2012 4:18:34 PM

At one point I did, but I clocked it back down since then.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 12, 2012 5:22:26 PM

make sure the asus bios is up todate. that you have the dram set to xmp for the fastest speed in the bios. in nvidia control panel if your using one monitor set it to single monitor high performance. make sure you turn of any power saving for the video card that will make the video card declock itself. check the aa and fxass settings..the higher there set the more of a performance hit a video card takes for frame rates. use gpu-z make sure the video card running at 2@16 speed. also try turning of v-sink and see if it help if it off try turning it on. also check the game tech sighte to see with high end video card if you have to tweek the video set up.
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2012 7:47:56 PM

My bios driver is not up to date; however, when trying to flash the update, it says that the integrity of the image is incorrect. After doing some research, it needs to the file system needs to be fat16 or fat32. The flashdrive I am using is fat32 so I'm not sure what is going on... Any suggestions on how to get the updated bios installed?
m
l
October 12, 2012 8:47:51 PM

Ok, I got the bios to successfully update and did everything you said to do. Unfortunately, I am still having the issue. Could this be an issue with conflcting drivers? I mean everything is up to date, but I just don't see what could be causing this.
m
l
!