Status
Not open for further replies.

coyotethunderhawk

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I briefly read something on this forum once, I think from amuffin or someone. About overclocking igpu on the 2500k, has anyone else tried this or have experience with it. The reason Im asking is that I was thinking of getting a z68 board, but then I realized this is mostly useless if I plan to use discrete graphics. However, I remember vaguely that using the board, your system can switch between the two as needed. I guess my question is, is there any real practical advantage to overclocking your igpu, if you have discrete graphics? And if there is, does overclocking your igpu limit your cpus overclocking ablility?

Solution
no real world advantage other than extra heat unless you dont have a discrete card. Overclocking igpu was just a joke to see how far it would go, and surprisingly can work but still probably will force you to get a decent HSF
no real world advantage other than extra heat unless you dont have a discrete card. Overclocking igpu was just a joke to see how far it would go, and surprisingly can work but still probably will force you to get a decent HSF

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.