[AMD] 6670 2GB is getting lag in TF2 when many particles are showing

fakeman

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I am getting lag in TF2. For example, when the flames are showing, it drops from ~120fps to about ~70fps.
When I got the PC, it wasn't like this at all! Details

AMD 6670 2GB DDR3 Card 12.6 Catalyst Drivers
Intel Core i5 2320 3.00ghz @ 3.00ghz
8GB DDR3 Memory
1.5TeraByte Hard Drive 7200rpm
I don't know my PSU watts...
All details on high except bloom, motion blur and Aero Extensions off

Avg GPU Temp : 49C
Avg CPU Temp : Around 59C

Also in CPU-Z in the graphics card tab, it says 0MBytes

I have a feeling that's not good...

Help?

xtreme5

Distinguished
It is supposed to be like that your system is fine when your playing the game and have a rushed-battle the texture become heavy and kill some of your fps but 70 is enough. Get the better card if you want more fps but those are fine.

xtreme5

Distinguished
It is supposed to be like that your system is fine when your playing the game and have a rushed-battle the texture become heavy and kill some of your fps but 70 is enough. Get the better card if you want more fps but those are fine.

fakeman

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012

Yeah I need a new GPU. I record alot for my youtube channel, and my hdd reduces frames by about I say 40fps, so I need extra horsepower to get 60fps.

What GPU would you suggest for an i5 2320?

70fps is nothing to complain about. That's still good. And if the card is stable at 40fps, then I would see no reason to upgrade.

Even if you do upgrade to pull the 60 or 120fps you want, you are going to have to get a new power supply.

A GOOD power supply is what you would need. Don't just get a 600W unit, because not all 600W units are made alike. Many are better than others.

And a 600W Corsair or so would be a nice choice so you can use it in the future in other builds.