6600 as MP3 player

Last response: in Brands
October 29, 2004 8:54:28 AM

I have just got a 6600 and would like to know if I could use it to play MP3
music files like an iPOD or walkman. alternatively, is there software
available that lets me change MP3 music files into a format that the phone
will play - eg MP4?

Ian

More about : 6600 mp3 player

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 10:21:16 AM

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:54:28 +0000, Ian and Jane Fielder wrote:

> I have just got a 6600 and would like to know if I could use it to play MP3
> music files like an iPOD or walkman. alternatively, is there software
> available that lets me change MP3 music files into a format that the phone
> will play - eg MP4?

MP3 player for series-60 phones:
http://my-symbian.com/7650/applications/applications.ph...
No need to convert those MP3s.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 10:42:09 AM

Many thanks!

Ian
October 29, 2004 11:19:32 AM

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:54:28 +0000 (UTC), "Ian and Jane Fielder"
<fielders@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I have just got a 6600 and would like to know if I could use it to play MP3
>music files like an iPOD or walkman. alternatively, is there software
>available that lets me change MP3 music files into a format that the phone
>will play - eg MP4?
>
>Ian

You dont need converter, u just need tu instal external mp3 player.

U can use:

- MP3player

or

- Ultra mp3
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 5:02:12 PM

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:54:28 +0000 (UTC), "Ian and Jane Fielder"
<fielders@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I have just got a 6600 and would like to know if I could use it to play MP3
>music files like an iPOD or walkman. alternatively, is there software
>available that lets me change MP3 music files into a format that the phone
>will play - eg MP4?
>
>Ian

i myself use Ultra MP3 Player on my 6600, great software. I use a
HDD-1 headset but the 6600 only supports mono but it still sounds fine
to me. I've got a 256MB MMC card which is quite adequate for quite a
few mp3 files (i've got about 25 on!).
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 8:54:38 AM

Ian and Jane Fielder wrote:
> I have just got a 6600 and would like to know if I could use it to
> play MP3 music files like an iPOD or walkman.

In case you didn't know, 6600 only supports mono audio output. I'd go for
the 6630 instead, it has faster menus, supports EDGE/WCDMA networks, has a
hotswap memorycard slot (RS-MMC) and other enhancements.

--
Tero Lehto
http://lehto.net/tero/

are guys from wer i cn get the download for mp3player for 6600 latest

i that 1... thts old i it do not change the songs auto....

plsss hlp me guys...
November 12, 2008 7:13:11 PM

Dude this thread is 4 years old.

Try GOOGLE.