Sign in with
Your question

My predicament, Need Advice!

Last response: in Systems
October 12, 2012 9:16:52 PM

So I ordered my PC on Tuesday morning, here it is: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jQLk
Everything was elligible for free 2 day shipping on ShopRunners 30 day trial of free 2 day shipping except for the case (Which got 3 day shipping). So since I ordered it Tuesday morning and it only has to ship from California to Colorado, I assumed everything would be here today. Unfortunately the only things that will be arriving today are all the internal parts. I don't believe UPS ships on Saturday so my case won't be here until Monday and I will have to wait all weekend to be able to put the thing together.

What I was thinking is I could take my current computer -----> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... apart and use the case to install all of the parts I ordered to hold me off until Monday night (Yes I'm that excited to use the PC)

Now with this being the first time I've actually built a PC, would this be a smart decision? Would all my parts even be able to fit inside of my generic Gateway case? Or am I SoL and have to wait until Monday to use my beautiful new PC? Advice Please!

More about : predicament advice

October 12, 2012 9:31:45 PM

Quote:
Just be patient, if you were i a vet i would say go ahead but then again you wouldnt be asking this question. I would wait and do everything right the first time. Measure twice cut once.

Yeah I understand, but I've watched endless youtube tutorial videos, and I've always been a fiddler. When I used to play paintball, I'd constantly be taking my electric paintball gun apart and just messing with everything I could because I just love doing this kind of stuff. So I highly doubt I'm going to be able to resist trying this lol. Actually, if it's possible to do I'm definitely going to try it, there's no way I'm going to keep myself from doing it lol.
m
l
October 12, 2012 9:45:38 PM

So I guess my question is, is it possible to put all the parts inside of my Gateway case?
m
l
!